LAN Administrator Master (Workstation Design & Automation)
KCIT's Customer Support Services (CSS) team is seeking to hire a two (2) LAN Administrator Master's. This position will be responsible for technical solutioning for various projects related to software standardization, implementation of new technology, and operational support as part of the Workstation Design and Automation team (WDA). The successful candidate will share responsibilities with the rest of WDA including, but not limited to: imaging and ongoing management of PCs via SCCM; customizing client configuration through GPOs and SCCM CI/CBs; administering print queues; packaging applications within SCCM using MSI and App-V; developing and troubleshooting PowerShell scripts, and troubleshooting software including Windows, Office, third-party, and internal line of business software. The successful candidate will be able to actively contribute in a number of these areas while showing aptitude for picking up unfamiliar tasks.
King County Department of Information Technology (KCIT)
KCIT is providing the building blocks for many of the region's most critical services. As the business solutions partner, we collaborate with the 18 County departments to develop products and services that better serve the needs of our customers and our community. To learn more about KCIT, please visit: http://kingcounty.gov/depts/it.aspx
As the first place recipient of the 15th annual National Association of Counties (NACo) Digital Counties Survey, KCIT was recognized for its vision, strategy, innovation, and collaboration. Previously earning top 10 digital county honors in the last eleven years from the Center for Digital Government, KCIT has a focus of delivering smart technology solutions that support customers, building stronger communities through innovative information technology.
King County offers a robust benefits package to support you and your family in a variety of ways. To learn more about the benefits offered here, please click on the Benefits tab or click here: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/.
TEMPORARY TELECOMMUTING REQUIREMENT
The work associated with this position will be performed remotely, at least through July 5, 2021 in compliance with King County’s telecommuting mandate. Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a County worksite. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required by the department in alignment with the Public Health Directive from the Seattle & King County Public Health Officer.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
The normal workweek for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Alternative work schedules may be considered. This position is not eligible for overtime pay.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Shane Dickson at email@example.com or (206) 263-2454.
- Job Duties
- Package software applications for distribution through SCCM, Office 365 admin center, Microsoft Endpoint Manager and/or Intune using MSI/EXE, App-V, MSIX, and scripts.
- Familiarity with PowerShell for application deployment, SCCM automation (collection creation/management, application objects, driver management), reporting, client configuration (ACLs, registry settings, health remediation), etc.
- Knowledge of Windows as a Service including troubleshooting, maintenance, and associated tools.
- A self driven individual skilled at problem analysis utilizing a logical method of troubleshooting and familiar with common tools.
- Participate in projects including implementing new/existing technology, developing customer and support documentation, regularly communicating with the project team, and providing reports related to the project’s progress.
- Collaborate with other IT service teams, validate solutions to ensure incident or service request is adequately resolved, verify with customers, and coach CSS staff in how to correct reported problems in the future
- Create technical documentation of resolutions
- Actively manage assigned tickets and escalate as needed to others
- May contribute to the development, presentation and maintenance of training materials
- May participate in Major Incident Process
- May be required to drive to different county locations to provide workstation support
- May lead teams in technical efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in a technical lead role.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience providing workstation support, end user support, troubleshooting computer equipment, resolving end user applications and troubleshooting network connectivity issues.
- Experienced in addressing customer escalations, identifying customer needs, facilitating communications, handing off issues to higher tiers, and resolving escalations within the workstation space.
- Ability to establish and maintain exceptional customer relationships.
- Experience participating in formal project teams and acting as technical liaison / asset for level one functions.
- Skilled with diagnostic tools, logs, command line and scripting tools used to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware or software.
- Skilled at addressing security issues and utilizing appropriate tools.
- Experience working with an IT service management tool.
- Experienced with application packaging and deployment methodologies through SCCM including troubleshooting processes.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting, researching and analyzing uncommon problems.
- Skill in collaborating effectively with management, peers, other KCIT service teams and customers.
- Skill in building consensus and coming to a resolution among a diverse group of individuals with conflicting viewpoints.
- Exceptionally positive attitude towards peers and leadership, learns from mistakes, seeks feedback, is open to criticism, and is easily coachable.
- Ability to communicate orally or in writing; including the ability to communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Skill in handling multiple competing priorities
- Skilled in writing and in editing technical documentation
- Microsoft Technology Associate Certification or industry equivalent.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or an additional 3 years of demonstrated experience with workstation support, end user support, troubleshooting computer equipment, resolving end user applications and troubleshooting network connectivity issues.
- Successful completion of criminal background check and fingerprinting.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- May be responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of equipment and boxes of varying sizes and weights by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, placing, as well as physical bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, or crawling in a safe and efficient manner
- Understanding of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) process.
- Microsoft Technology Expert Certifications or industry equivalent
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in supporting Mac OS
- Experience with Intune, Autopilot, Azure, Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Experience with MSIX application packaging
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
A completed King County Application and an attached resume are required. A Cover Letter is strongly encouraged.
The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified applicants, and will be used to fill vacancies for up to 6 months.
1- Career Service Opportunity
1- Term Limited Temp Opportunity (36 months)
Union Status: These position's are represented by Protec17: Information Technology)
(For internal use only: Classification: LAN Administrator - Master - 7311400)
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you authorized to work in the United States?
02Does your authorization require sponsorship now or in the future from an employer or other source? (This does not preclude you from being considered for this position.)
03This position requires a thorough background investigation process, including checking references. This also includes fingerprinting. Are you willing to undergo a background investigation process as described above?
04Are you applying to this position as an eligible Current or Previous King County Employee Priority Placement Program Participant AND Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff AND Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
05If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County AND I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. AND The position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.