Oracle Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse & Operational Reporting Systems Manager
- This Special Duty Assignment (SDA) is open to King County employees only and is expected to last between 6-9 months, but may be extended based on business needs.
King County's Business Resource Center (BRC) in the Department of Executive Services seeks a strong people, business, and technology leader to serve in a Special Duty Assignment as the interim Systems Manager for the Division’s BI Insights program. As a result of recent leadership changes, the team is in transition and we are taking the opportunity to step back and review the work for future BI Insights program success together with a focus on team building, cohesion, wellbeing and belonging. We have a high need for strong people leadership and organizational savviness as well as a strong understanding of Financial/HR analytics, financial and HR/payroll business processes, and the Oracle product source systems to lead both the organizational improvement work and the operational work to deliver critical services to county agencies
The program includes ERP Business Intelligence, Analytics and Reporting and the position has overall responsibility for optimizing, enhancing, and maintaining the systems (Oracle Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Blitz and Concur) which support County wide Financial, Procurement, HR, Payroll and Budgetary analytics as well as Financial and Procurement operational reporting.
Scope of Job Duties: To be considered for this opportunity, you must at a minimum demonstrate skill and ability to:
- Demonstrate experience, competence, and confidence as a people leader and leadership skills to successfully lead and manage both functional and technical teams in their daily operations and through organizational change.
- Build customer partnerships and maintain positive, collaborative, and effective customer, peer, and partner relationships.
- Adapt to changing needs and priorities and knows how to work across organizational boundaries and silos to get things done.
- Manage change effectively for self and others, is adept at managing ambiguity and can manage and deal constructively with conflict and problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Have a strong business acumen with a background in back-office ERP & HR processes, analytics and operational reporting, as well as solid understanding, and knowledge of Oracle applications and technology for Business Intelligence, ERP, HCM and Financial Planning and Budgeting.
- Have the resilience and ability to navigate and work in a demanding public sector environment.
- Will lead and manage the day-to-day business and technical oversight of Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle EBS Reports, Blitz Reports and Concur Reports.
- Can direct work, manage staff performance, coach and guide supervisors and hold people accountable
- Are able to coach and lead a diverse group of staff with a focus on inclusion and engagement, transparent communication, and the know how to lead and manage to people's strengths.
- Will support and foster a culture that encourages employee development, coaching and cohesive team building and demonstrate it in daily interactions with staff and customers.
- Can develop strategies and systems that address and apply equity within the workplace and in the program, services provided to customers.
- Will partner, collaborate, and work confidently with business owners, customer agencies and IT business and technical leads to prioritize business and technology needs, identify strategic opportunities, develop recommendations for potential solutions and resource requirements.
- Direct the development and oversee the implementation of long and short-range work plans and supporting resource plans. Develop and implement plans for systems maintenance, updates modifications, improvements, and integrations.
- Own Business Intelligence and data warehouse strategic planning and develop a product road map for the BI systems enterprise-wide to include current system optimization, cloud migration and readiness.
- Participate in planning and budgeting for application and infrastructure changes.
- Participate in the management, maintenance, and negotiation of software licensing for operating systems, database, application middleware and application software and licensing agreements with vendors.
- Lead the change management governance process for Oracle BI systems. Set development, testing and documentation standards for system changes. Direct the review, prioritization and approval of requests submitted for Oracle BI system modifications and enhancements. Set and direct the monitoring of analytics designed to track system performance, software development quality and customer service.
- Use and apply Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Work with Jira project management and issue tracking tools.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is Exempt, therefore not eligible for overtime.
- This position is represented by L117-IT Mgrs & Sups
Why King County?
- Competitive – healthcare plans
- Free – transportation options
- Manager Support – structured employee assistance program
- Paid – vacation time (in addition to paid holidays)
- Paid – sick leave
- Paid – parental leave
- Deferred – compensation plan
- Twelve – paid holidays
- Awesome Employee Giving Program!
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
King County Executive Branch employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate for the position you applied for, the County will send you a conditional offer letter.
As a condition of employment, prior to a final offer of employment, you will be required to:
- submit proof of vaccination, or
- have an approved request for medical or religious exemption and an approved accommodation. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
People are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the final dose of a vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The Executive Branch includes employees in the Executive branch, the Assessor's Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff's Office, and the Executive Office.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Are you ready to APPLY?
The recruitment for this position is open to King County employees only. A completed King County Application is required. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter and resume.
If you have any questions, please contact Jen Irwin, Talent Management Supervisor, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 206-263-0601. Connect with Jen on LinkedIn.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.