Oracle ERP Applications Database Administrator - Master
King County's Business Resource Center (BRC) Shared Services Team is seeking an experienced Oracle ERP Applications Database Administrator focused on support of our PeopleSoft HCM application hosted on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will continue be accepted until the position is filled.
This master level position is the highest-level database administrator position in this classification series and serves as a technical expert managing Oracle databases, middleware, and application tier technologies to ensure scalability, security, reliability and performance of essential ERP business applications used countywide. This position leads major PeopleSoft upgrades, plans and implements architecture updates on OCI infrastructure and manages disaster recovery solutions.
About the BRC Shared Services Team:
The Shared Services Team is a part of the Business Resource Center within King County’s Department of Executive Services. The BRC includes teams dedicated to support each of the Oracle application areas: PeopleSoft, EBS and e-Procurement SaaS and Oracle BI as well as the Share Services team which has three sections:
- DBA team providing ERP technical administration and support of PeopleSoft HCM and Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Finance & Procurement applications as well as support for IaaS and PaaS infrastructure on OCI
- Customer Support Team providing Tier 2 helpdesk support and user security provisioning
- Training Team providing on-demand courses, in-person training classes and a variety of training materials and resources
This is a rare opportunity to join the Shared Services team as an Oracle ERP Applications DBA - Master. This position will collaborate with an experienced team of DBAs responsible for PeopleSoft and Oracle EBS ERP databases, middleware, integration tools and cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate has senior Oracle application DBA experience supporting the full technology stack of PeopleSoft version 9.2.x, PeopleTools version 8.59.09 and Oracle database 19c running in a multitenant configuration, managing the continuous improvement model of quarterly full and selective PUM updates and be well versed with RMAN, point-in-time recovery and disaster recovery solutions. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure experience is highly desirable. EBS experience is a plus.
It is our desire to engage an experienced Oracle applications DBA with strong interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate will possess a passion for learning and developing new technical skills and expertise related to Oracle technologies and have the ability to lead projects that transform our solutions to meet ever changing business needs of King County. The position will initially focus on support of PeopleSoft on OCI and over time may expand to include support for Oracle EBS or other ERP related applications and technologies in the future.
- Job Duties
Scope of Job Duties:
- Be responsible for the availability, performance, and recoverability of assigned ERP applications and databases.
- Lead technology projects and application/system upgrades; perform capacity planning, forecasting space growth, and infrastructure sizing to support business requirements.
- Support, patch, upgrade, and tune databases, middleware, integration and application technologies and related IaaS and PaaS infrastructure components. Plan, test and implement architecture updates and new infrastructure. Designs and architect disaster recovery solutions.
- Implement solutions and patches to quickly respond to security vulnerability alerts and events to harden and protect the ERP applications, data and environments.
- Lead evaluation of new technologies, develop architecture options and designs, and prepare proposals with costing for review and approval by architecture review teams and management. Collaborate with vendor technical resources to research new technical products and solutions.
- Promote standard practices and set standards for ERP DBA administration tasks.
- Perform troubleshooting and serve as the escalation point for the resolution of complex technical issues.
- Practice and promote standards for technical work and operations seeking repeatable processes and consistency in configurations across multiple instances and environments.
- Develop technical and standard work documentation.
- Mentor team members, conduct knowledge sharing sessions. Facilitate team meetings and initiate team cross training and simulations.
- Lead infrastructure changes in collaboration with IT systems engineers, network teams, and infrastructure managed services providers.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO
- Have deep knowledge and experience supporting the PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 application and its full technology stack running on Oracle database 19c in a container (CDB) / pluggable (PDB) configuration. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Oracle EBS experience and expertise are highly desirable.
- Are experienced as an Oracle applications DBA with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have the ability to lead projects that transform our solutions to meet ever changing business needs of King County.
- Possess a passion for learning and developing new technical skills and expertise related to Oracle technologies.
- Are an excellent communicator skilled at verbal and written communications, with ability to articulate highly technical information to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Have relationship building skills with the ability to build trust and collaborative working relationships. Value working in a diverse multi-cultural work environment.
- Supplemental Information
This assignment is a fully-benefited Term Limited Temporary or Special Duty assignment anticipated to last up to three years. If you are looking for an opportunity to start a career with King County or explore working as a technology professional in public service, this is a great way to get your foot in the door..
This recruitment is open to internal King County employees and the public. Special Duty Assignment will be considered for eligible County employees. A King County Application is required. We highly suggest that you include a letter of interest and a resume with your submission.
Due to this position’s access to sensitive records and systems, the successful candidate will be required to pass a thorough background and reference check.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Josh Isgur at josh.Isgur@kingcounty.gov.
Remote and On-Site Work:
This position's work is primarily performed telecommuting/remotely. There may be occasions in the future when onsite work will be expected. The office is located in the heart of downtown Seattle at the Chinook building.
Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
King County's Business Resource Center (BRC) is a great place to work!
At King County, our work is guided by our True North and values. Our True North is what we aspire to: Making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive.
King County has defined values which define our expectations for ourselves and one another:
King County’s Our Equity and Social Justice shared values guide’s our work: King County's ESJ Vision
You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues who embrace a one team approach, and continuous improvement, equity and inclusion, delivering customer value, and who are adept at remote working and collaboration.
King County offers great benefits, to include a pension plan, holidays, transit pass, plus training and education opportunities to promote growth and development.
Our focus is to provide our employees with work life balance
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Flexible work environment incorporating remote working*
- Free Orca Card allowing multiple transportation options to/from the office
- On-Site exercise facilities and bike storage
- Paid vacation time (in addition to paid holidays)
- Ten paid holidays and Two Additional personal holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Deferred compensation plan
- Employer Contributions to state pension plan
King County Executive Branch employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate for the position you applied for, the County will send you a conditional offer letter.
As a condition of employment, prior to a final offer of employment, you will be required to:
- submit proof of vaccination, or
- have an approved request for medical or religious exemption and an approved accommodation. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
The Executive Branch includes employees in the Executive branch, the Assessor's Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff's Office, and the Executive Office.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you applying to this position as an eligible current or previous King County Employee Priority Placement Program Participant? Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff? Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
02If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County and I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. Additionally, the position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.