We are seeking temporary staff to assist with parking management for Marymoor Park events. This position will participate in traffic control and parking lot management during events, monitor parking areas for violations, and complete lot compliance reports. This position requires the ability to work courteously and appropriately with the public in a variety of situations. This temporary position has a varied work schedule and requires working evenings and weekends.
Individuals interested in joining our team must be committed to racial, social and economic equality for ALL people in King County. We welcome applications from people who will help us consistently demonstrate the values of equity, respect and partnership.
To learn about the King County Equity and Social Justice Strategic Plan click here.
About the Division: Be a part of King County Parks! King County Parks has evolved from 150 acres in 1938 to more than 28,000 acres. Today, our system consists of more than 200 parks, 175 miles of regional trails, and 215 miles of backcountry trails. Our mission is to steward, enhance and acquire parks to inspire healthy communities. We seek to cultivate strong relationships with community partners to enhance park amenities for all King County residents to enjoy today and for generations to come. Learn more at www.kingcounty.gov/parks.
And check us out on the socials at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Flickr.
Who is Eligible: This position is open to all qualified applicants 18 years or older
Work Location: Marymoor Park located at 6046 W. Lake Sammamish Pkwy NE in Redmond.
Work Schedule: The work schedule for this position is flexible; primarily evenings and weekends depending on event. This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible.
- Job Duties
- Provide excellent customer service in-person.
- Direct traffic within Park to allow for smooth traffic flow.
- Direct customers to event parking.
- Monitor parking lots for parking compliance.
- Provide general park and event information to patrons.
- Collect parking and traffic flow data as needed.
- Assist in other special event and parking fee management duties as assigned.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Demonstrates skill in providing and following oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Skill in providing excellent customer service to a diverse customer base.
- Skill in communicating clearly and respectfully.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and split-shifts.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand for up to three hours at a time and to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to be outdoors in all weather conditions.
- An offer of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check.
- Current Washington State driver’s license required.
- Additional certifications may be necessary.
- Supplemental Information
Application and Selection Process: Application materials will be screened for clarity, completeness including online application, cover letter and resume, and responsiveness to the list of qualifications, skills, and abilities. The most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in one or more panel interviews. Applications without the following required materials may not be considered for this position.
- King County application
- Responses to supplemental questions
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Patty Jurgens at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 477-4572
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
King County Executive Branch employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate for the position you applied for, the County will send you a conditional offer letter.
As a condition of employment, prior to a final offer of employment, you will be required to:
• submit proof of vaccination or
• have an approved request for medical or religious exemption and an approved accommodation. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
People are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the final dose of a vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The Executive Branch includes employees in the Executive branch, the Assessor’s Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff’s Office, and the Executive Office.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Describe your experience where you were responsible for explaining and enforcing rules. If you do not have this experience, please indicate "NA"02Describe your experience working in a team and taking and giving direction. If you do not have this experience, please indicate "NA".03Please indicate your availability for shift. Check all that apply.
04This job requires the ability to stand for up to three hours at a time and walk on uneven surfaces. Are you able to meet this requirement?
- Split Shifts
- None of the above