PeopleSoft Functional Analyst 3
King County's Business Resource Center (BRC) is conducting a search for a senior level Functional Analyst 3 to join our fast-paced and highly successful PeopleSoft HR team.
The PeopleSoft HR team provides support and enhancement to King County’s PeopleSoft Human Resource module.
The Functional Analyst 3 is expected to lead and participate in the process of aligning the PeopleSoft HR module to its King County business needs. The selected analyst will focus on a portfolio of maintenance/support and enhancement projects.
The Analyst may work on a specific project or work side by side with other functional analysts in a project team setting.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must have extensive experience working with the PeopleSoft HR Module, and have the analytical ability to understand complex business processes.
SCOPE OF JOB DUTIES – Candidates for this position will need to demonstrate skills and abilities, at a minimum, to:
- Provide system and user support related to PeopleSoft HR and King County business processes.
- Define specifications to outline complex system projects, workflow processes, and HR data processing.
- Lead and facilitate groups to define business requirements and identify system and business impacts.
- Design solutions to address business needs.
- Conduct detailed system and functional testing according to standard best practice methodologies.
- Make configurations and data changes to the PeopleSoft HR tables.
- Identify root cause and resolutions to address the production issues.
- Have a strong background in HR business analytical support?
- Have the ability to design solutions for application modifications, interfaces and reports?
- Have knowledge in Human Resource systems, workflows and processes;
- Have customer-focus in building and maintaining positive relationships with agencies and staff;
- Can be flexible and adapt as required, while working in a multifaceted environment.
Why King County's Business Resource Center (BRC) is a great place to work!
You will have the opportunity to work in an organization that embraces continuous improvement, institutes best management practices, empowers employees to innovate and strives for second-to-none customer service.
Our focus is to provide our employees a work life balance.
- Competitive – healthcare plans
- Flexible – work environment
- Free – transportation options
- On-Site – gym
- Manager Support – structured employee assistance program
- Paid – vacation time (in addition to paid holidays)
- Paid – sick leave
- Paid – parental leave
- Deferred – compensation plan
- Employer contributions – to state pension plan
- Ten – paid holidays and Two Additional personal holidays!
“The Business Resource Center provides an environment with highly diverse work groups and business partners, offering opportunities for professional growth and challenges, learning new skills and the latest technology and applications.”
“Employee ideas and contributions are highly valued and supported by supervisors and managers, and employees are able to offer solutions to issues that can be brought before business partners and stakeholders.”
“Employees have the freedom to manage their own workload, which is both challenging and rewarding. Work involves not only resolving issues and finding the root cause of problems, but also interacting directly with business partners and experiencing the positive feedback of their appreciation.”
“The job is constantly evolving, providing new professional challenges and opportunities for growth, and this comes with a supportive environment with others around you who are rooting for your success as much as their own.”
Are you ready to APPLY?
The recruitment for this position is open to all applicants. A completed King County Application is required. We highly recommend that you also provide a resume and cover letter detailing your experience and qualification with reference to the specific duties and responsibilities of this position.
If you have any questions, please contact Andrés Boyer, Senior Recruiter, by e-mail at email@example.com, or by phone at 206-263-8388. Connect with me on LinkedIn!
King County is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we encourage people of color, women, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
TEMPORARY TELECOMMUTING REQUIREMENT
The work associated with this position will be performed remotely in compliance with King County’s telecommuting mandate. It is possible that the work will be primarily performed remotely on an ongoing basis.
Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a County worksite. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required by the department in alignment with the Public Health Directive from the Seattle & King County Public Health Officer.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
(New) Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
As of October 18, 2021, most* King County employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination by October 18th. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
This directive applies to employees in the Executive branch*, the Assessor’s Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff’s Office, and the Executive Office.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you applying to this position as an eligible Current or Previous King County Employee Priority Placement Program Participant AND Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff AND Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
02If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County AND I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. AND The position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.