Special Projects Assistant
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO KING COUNTY EXECUTIVE BRANCH EMPLOYEES ONLY
Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you want to be a part of an agency that continually strides to provide excellent service to the pets and the residents of King County? Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) is looking for a proactive Administrative Specialist III who can work collaboratively with multiple teams within the agency and support projects at division and countywide levels. Our ideal candidate has exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, highly motivated with a strong work ethic, has a collaborative working style but is also able to work independently with little supervision.
RASKC provides animal services to 24 cities and unincorporated King County, this includes:rescuing stray, injured, neglected or abused pets; reuniting orphaned pets with families and/or helping them find forever homes through RASKC's pet adoption centers in Kent and Kirkland, including several other partner locations; providing pet licensing services; a wide array of volunteering opportunities and much more. King County is a national leader in improving animal outcomes as a municipal shelter, using data and model practices to achieve a 92% live release rate in 2017.
Scope of Job Duties: To be considered for this opportunity, you must at a minimum demonstrate skill and ability to:
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for RASKC records management processes including; researching filing plans and schedules, creating electronic folders and preparing paper records for storage;
- Perform accounts payable duties including; creating requisitions, paying invoices and working with King County procurement and outside vendors to create waivers and reconcile accounts;
- Track payments by using the county’s Oracle software and Excel to create spreadsheets, queries and reports;
- Answer calls in the RASKC call center by calmly listening to the callers concerns and distilling these concerns into concise remarks for communication to field officers while understanding these situations are often urgent;
- Enter call center calls into the animal shelter database making sure to be detailed and include all that may be needed at a later date as part of an investigation;
- Plan and develop new methods for coordinating administrative work including; communicating with departments, filing, data entry, and providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Would be great for this role if you:
- Are multilingual and have a passion for Equity and Social Justice;
- Have experience or a passion for marketing, communications, Lean continuous improvement, or social media;
- Are comfortable and proficient in using Office Productivity tools in your daily work (the county uses Microsoft Office) and experience with Chameleon Software database (or a similar data management product);
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with a minimal amount of day-to-day supervision.
- Have a background providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders, including; vendors, volunteers, and co-workers while juggling multiple tasks on a daily basis;
- Experience with the requisitioning process using Oracle A/P Requisitioner and the ability to use Excel to track payments to independent contractors, using A/P Researcher and/or other query tools to determine payment status;
- Ability to assist with client financial information;
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on collaboration and working as a team with the ability to be an independent thinker who looks for new ways to solve problems;
- Have the ability to enter data accurately and quickly;
- Equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the work.
- This position is represented by Teamsters Local 117- Administrative employees, and first consideration will be given to those employees.
- The work week is 40 hours per week and normal working hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This position is covered by the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible and may require working mandatory overtime.
- By contract, this position will participate in the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust (WCTPT) contributions. .50 cents per hour will be deducted from members’ hourly rate.
Are you ready to apply?
The recruitment for this position is OPEN to KING COUNTY EMPLOYEES ONLY (EXECUTIVE BRANCH). A completed King County Application is required. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter addressing why you want to work for RASKC and what it means to you to serve King County residents.
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Rulien, HR Analyst, by e-mail at email@example.com, or by phone at 206-263-8150.
King County is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we encourage people of color, women, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.