Systems Engineer - Senior
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with expertise in support of our technology comprised of Cloud (Azure), Vmware, Linux, Windows, Veeam and Netapp. Working with various IT professionals, you will improve and design solutions to meet business requirements. You will have ownership over technical and operational aspects of enterprise hardware and software products in support of critical business functions. You will drive automation and best practices in the operations of these systems to improve consistency and customer experience
King County Department of Information Technology (KCIT)
KCIT is providing the building blocks for many of the region's most critical services. As a business solutions partner, we collaborate with the 18 County departments to develop products and services that better serve the needs of our customers and our community. To learn more about KCIT, please visit our website: http://kingcounty.gov/depts/it.aspx
As the first place recipient of the 15th annual National Association of Counties (NACo) Digital Counties Survey, KCIT was recognized for its vision, strategy, innovation, and collaboration. Previously earning top 10 digital county honors in the last eleven years from the Center for Digital Government, KCIT has a focus of delivering smart technology solutions that support customers, building stronger communities through innovative information technology.
We offer a robust benefits package to support you and your family in a variety of ways. To learn more, please click on the benefits tab http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/
The normal workweek for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Alternative work schedules may be considered. This position is not eligible for overtime pay.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please email email@example.com
- Job Duties
- Respond to system failures; analyze and resolve underlying problems.
- May be called upon to provide support for failures at any time
- Maintain subject matter expertise in compute related technologies on/off prem (cloud)
- Provides Tier 2 level support and lifecycle management to the infrastructure, software and licensing that supports our enterprise service offerings
- Ensure internal and customer Operating/Service level agreements are met
- Provides internal consulting services to various groups and acts as a technical lead on projects
- Develop and maintain documentation for infrastructure systems, processes and standard operating procedures
- Drives forward the adoption and use of technical solutions at the County
- Evaluate existing infrastructure systems for process efficiency, system integrity, security and data quality
- Act as liaison with clients, vendors, contractors and management staff.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Multiple years of experience and certifications in the following technologies:
- Compute (server, physical, virtual, cloud, onprem) related technologies
- Azure cloud services
- Windows Server OS's 2008~Latest OS
- Azure DevOps (ADO), formerly Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Studio Team System (VSTS)
- ITIL (i.e. Request Management, Change Management, etc.)
Experience analyzing, diagnosing and proposing solutions to problems
Experience identifying and documenting business rules and requirements
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Ability to look beyond the obvious to solve difficult problems and knows when to escalate issues and problems
Skilled in gaining trust and support of peers, encourages collaboration and is seen as a team player
Multiple years of experience/familiarity with:
- Veeam Backup software
- Netapp Storage
- SCOM, SPLUNK, Orion or other monitoring tools
- Antivirus products, McAfee/Defender
- Supplemental Information
A complete King County application and resume is required for consideration.
Passing CJIS background check to include fingerprinting is required for this position
Position is represented by PROTEC 17 - Information Technology
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you authorized to work in the United States?
02Does your authorization require sponsorship now or in the future from an employer or other source? (This does not preclude you from being considered for this position.)
03All candidates for employment for this position must undergo a thorough background investigation process that includes fingerprinting and references. Are you willing to undergo a background investigation process as described?
04Is your resume attached?