Administrative Specialist 3King County Department of Human Resources
Join our team! The Finance and Business Operations Division (FBOD) is looking for an Administrative Specialist 3. This position will function as part of a team in the Business Development and Contract Compliance (BDCC) team mostly working with the Small Contractors and Suppliers (SCS) group and will collaborate regularly with community organizations and contractors.
Our ideal candidate is customer service driven, a quick and versatile learner with excellent listening and communication skills and high attention to detail. They will have pride in their work and identify their success through the success of the entire team.
FBOD's mission is to provide timely, efficient and accurate accounting, procurement, treasury, payroll, benefits and small business services. We are actively seeking employees whose behavior is in alignment with our division's core values of: Respect, Teamwork, Results and Innovation.
Scope of Job Duties: To be considered for these opportunities, you must at a minimum, demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to:
- Provide support for SCS certification and clean-up of SCS database, including sending notifications to expired SCS firms that renewal is needed; monitoring response (or lack of response) from SCS firms in excel spreadsheet and answer questions; and close firms who do not recertify;
- Review incoming certification and recertification applications and notify applicants of any required information or documents; assign complete applications to evaluator for review; process approved applications;
- Be the administrative and technical "go to" person in processing high volumes of complex documents in a fast-paced environment;
- Provide outstanding customer service and communicate effectively to our diverse internal and external customers on the phone, via email and in person;
- Be proficient in researching financial and contract records and electronic databases, Excel workbooks and electronic databases to manage data; ability to use advanced Word functions;
- Support and contribute to our passion for continuous process improvements.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are excited to take initiative to complete tasks and who can hold themselves accountable for producing timely, high quality work product under tight deadlines, while maintaining composure;
- Is an organizational guru with strong attention to detail;
- Have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and SharePoint;
- Enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment;
- Will exhibit strong customer service skills, and the willingness to troubleshoot problems as they arise;
- Can prioritize work to manage multiple time sensitive projects and meet quick deadlines;
- Are great team members! We want you to work collaboratively to build relationships with a variety of work-groups, including your peers, consultants and contractors;
- Have the ability to use and be creative with Adobe Acrobat;
- Are familiar with automated payment/procurement system such as Oracle;
- Are able to think differently and challenge yourself to improve processes.
Are you ready to apply?
The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified candidates. A completed King County Application is required. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter and resume.
If you have any questions or concerns while applying, please contact Liz Callahan, HR Analyst, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 206-477-2369.
The position is a Term Limited Temporary (TLT) and is anticipated to end December 31, 2020. If filled by a King County employee, it will be as a Special Duty Assignment. This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is therefore overtime-eligible. Employees are paid on a bi-weekly schedule, every other Thursday, comprising a 40-hour workweek; normally 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position is represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 117, Professional and Technical Employees.
King County is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce. We will provide assistance in the recruitment, application and selection process to applicants with disabilities who request such assistance.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.