Administrative Specialist IIKing County Department of Human Resources
The Enterprise Services Section of King County's Solid Waste Division is looking for an Administrative Specialist II. This position provides a variety of technical clerical services in support of the Solid Waste Division's Enterprise Services Section (ESS). The Administrative Specialist II is responsible for a wide variety of office support, conference room set-up, and excellent customer service. Tasks may include answering phones, data entry, drafting and editing documents such as letters, memos, and spreadsheets as well as scheduling and calendar management.
Who may apply: This position is open to all qualified applicants. Preference will be given to Teamsters Local 117 (Admin) employees and then to current King County employees before considering general public. King County and the Solid Waste Division values diverse perspectives and life experience and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Forms and Materials required: Applicants must submit a (1) King County application form and (2) letter of interest detailing your background and describing how your education and experience meets the qualifications and has prepared you to perform the essential functions of the job.
Work Location: King Street Center - 201 South Jackson Street, Suite 701
Work Schedule: This full time Career Service position works a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday. This position is overtime eligible.
Enterprise Services Section profile: The Enterprise Services section staff provides a variety of financial management and support services for the Division which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, contract management, development and monitoring of operating and capital budget, customer service, and capital project management.
Examples of Job Duties:
- Administer production of a wide range of documents including letters, contracts, reports and emails. Duties include copy editing; formatting; ensuring conformity with King County's Guidelines for Preparing Correspondence for Executive Signature and the King County Style Guide; inserting Excel tables and charts into Word documents; inserting graphics, captions, figures, and table of contents; pdf editing; proof reading documents; file conversion and document management, including coordinating and tracking distribution and filing; creating and editing PowerPoint presentations.
- Create, maintain, and track calendars for staff and equipment.
- Manage and operate office equipment – laptop and projector, camera, printers, scanners, and copy machine, teleconference devices, and fax machine – including providing technical support and assistance on use of equipment, arranging for service and maintenance of equipment when necessary, and administering copy machine contract.
- Setting up and coordinating internal, external, on and off-site meetings, including sending notifications; reserving facilities; setting up meeting rooms; ensuring appropriate and necessary equipment; arranging catering and processing invoices; copying and distributing meeting materials; greeting meeting participants; maintaining sign-in sheets, rosters, and name tents; ordering parking script and tracking distribution.
- Order, distribute and inventory supplies; administer supply budget and process invoices.
- Provide customer service by answering multiple phone lines, providing basic information about division programs and facilities, transferring calls, entering calls in tracking database, and greeting visitors.
- Set up and maintain section files; administer archive protocol and archiving of materials.
- Sort, log and distribute mail to staff; manage external mass mailings.
- Maintain division policies and procedures – physical and electronic – and post to intranet.
- Coordinate section office logistics, including office setups, moves, phone service, and computer equipment.
- Support project managers with data entry into Excel and/or Access software.
- Function as a member of the division's administrative team; participate in team projects as assigned and back up other administrative staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Advanced knowledge of software applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Demonstrated skills in document production, document management, file conversion, copy editing and formatting
- Event management skills including managing calendars and coordinating meetings
- Basic knowledge of accounting and inventory management, including administering supply budget and processing invoices
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint
- Knowledge of office equipment, including laptops and projectors, digital cameras, copiers, printers, scanners and fax machines
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper English grammar, usage and spelling
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer service experience in person and over the phone
- Strong, demonstrated, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and complete work assignments within established deadlines in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member to complete assignments.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain security and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate in a pleasant, non-judgmental, respectful, culturally sensitive manner under varying levels of stress
- Ability to lift up to 20+ lbs
- Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time
- Bending, squatting and reaching
Who to contact: If you have questions about this position, please contact Susan Ng via email at email@example.com.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Do you have experience in helping customers over the phone or in person?
02If yes, please describe your experience.03Please indicate your knowledge level in the followng software programs: 1. MS Word
042. MS Excel
- No Skills
- No Skills
- No skills
- No skills