Licensing SpecialistKing County Department of Human Resources
The Records and Licensing Services Division is seeking an individual who is passionate about customer service and is eager to work as part of a dynamic team in an exciting Career Service position. This Licensing Specialist (Customer Service Specialist 3) position provides you with the opportunity to demonstrate your direct customer service talent and licensing and/or regulatory expertise in an environment dedicated to trust, collaboration, and building rapport with your colleagues and customers.
Our ideal candidate has demonstrated a high degree of commitment to customer service, learns quickly, and can produce innovative solutions to problems working in a fast-paced, high-volume office. Our candidate will be flexible, have the ability to identify and develop efficient practices and procedures, and is patient and focused on listening to King County customers. We are looking for someone who has excelled in a team environment and is known for their energy, ambition, taking initiative and their positive, can-do attitude.
Scope of Job Duties: To be considered for this opportunity, you must at a minimum demonstrate skill and ability to:
- Provide accurate guidance on the phone, in person, and via mail advising customers of documents and other information required for all vehicle/vessel licensing and titling needs, taxicab/for-hire/transportation network company (TNC) drivers' licensing and permitting, process server licensing, and pet licensing;
- Perform production-level data entry, filing, sorting and other administrative tasks using Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Examine documentation for State Law requirements to determine vehicle, vessel, and mobile home titling and title transfer transaction approval, and determine validity, correctness, and completeness of information received;
- Provide accurate information about licensing policies, procedures, codes, and regulations for vehicles and vessels, taxicab/for-hire/transportation network company (TNC) drivers, pet licensing, and process servers;
- Problem solve and research with limited guidance and have a sense of urgency in situations that require a quick turnaround while providing exceptional customer service to all stakeholders in person, on the phone, and via mail;
- Obtain, monitor, track, and organize data that may require information searches through files, policies, procedures, records, or computer files while being highly detailed;
- Collect and process payments, verify and reconcile data discrepancies and balance daily cash in compliance with the County and State cash handling and receipting procedures;
- Contribute to the Licensing team by bringing your innovative ideas and "can do" attitude!
- Are able and confident in your ability to interpret, apply, and follow rules, regulations, codes, laws, policies, procedures, and ordinances;
- Are comfortable with change and continuous improvement in your daily work;
- Have an intermediate or higher level of expertise with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) as well as accurate cash handling skills;
- Can coordinate a high volume of diverse assignments and multiple competing priorities with a strong attention to detail and follow-up;
- Are passionate about serving King County's diverse community;
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills in order to successfully communicate with a wide audience in varied communication settings.
- The work week is 40 hours, typically Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- This position is overtime eligible and may be mandatory at times.
- This position is represented by the Teamsters Local 117 Administrative Employees union.
- A background check may be required prior to starting the position.
- The incumbent will be expected to complete Department of Licensing certification as a part of the position. Certification may be completed through practical experience and successful performance of job duties of the position.
King County is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we encourage people of color, women, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
This Career Service position is open to all qualified applicants. To be considered, you must submit a completed King County application. We also highly encourage you to submit a resume and letter of interest referencing your qualifications as it pertains to this position.
If you have any questions, please contact Andrés Boyer, Recruiter, at 206-263-8388 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org Connect with me on LinkedIn
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.