Prosecuting Attorney I or II
PROSECUTING ATTORNEY I or II
Full Time Position Annual Salary
I - $68,818 - $81,804
II - $ 102,156 - $121,433
Summary of Duties:
Provides legal representation to prosecute a broad range of difficult and complex criminal cases in District, Juvenile, or Superior Court including bench and jury trials of felonies, gross misdemeanors, misdemeanors and violations that occur in Mason County. Appointment to the position and requirements of the position are in accordance with RCW 36.27.040.
We offer excellent benefits to your family including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, State Retirement, FSA, Deferred Comp options and more! More information can also be found on our website.
- Washington State criminal and civil law and related local statutes, ordinances, case law, and procedures.
- Duties and responsibilities of the Prosecuting Attorney's Office.
- Principles, methods, and practices of legal research and investigation. Judicial procedure and rules of evidence.
- Conduct legal research, analysis, and investigation of criminal or civil cases. Plan, prepare, present, and conduct case strategies for trial.
- Interpret and explain codes, statutes, ordinances, and procedures.
- Manage heavy case loads and maintain appropriate records, logs, and case files.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the general public.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Physically perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Juris Doctor Degree
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
-Valid driver's license
-Member in good standing of the Washington State Bar Association
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit our Mason County website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/masoncountywa
MASON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER