Customer Service Pier Cruise Agents
2023 Seasonal Customer Service Pier Cruise Agents (Part-Time) –Now Accepting Applications
Company: Metro Cruise Services Seattle
Job Type - Part-time Seasonal (April – September)
Job Location: Pier 91 Smith Cove Cruise Terminal Seattle, WA
Pay Rate: $20.50 per Hour
- Are you looking for a part-time Seasonal position that offers flexibility?
- Would you love to interact and meet people from all over the world?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment alongside amazing coworkers?
Then this is the job for YOU!
Metro Cruise Services is a nationwide, all-inclusive service provider in the Cruise Industry. In Seattle, our teams deliver excellence in Ground Guest Services through our industry knowledge, training, and expertise. Our Seasonal Customer Service Pier Agents work in an exciting enriching environment with guests from all over the world. Pier Agents are the first & last impression for Passengers as they embark on their Journey of a Lifetime. Agents greet each guest, review travel documents for check-in, and provide pertinent information for boarding & sailing, while assisting all guests in navigating the terminal. Our Seasonal Pier Cruise Agents are always positive & professional. They strive to ensure all guests have an exceptional experience as they “Come Aboard” and when going onward with our warm “Bon Voyage” with lasting memories of their Alaska Cruise.
- Pier Agents are responsible for greeting & assisting guests to navigate both inside & outside the Cruise Port terminal, making sure they are on the correct path for both debark & embark.
- Pier Agents working the earliest shifts assist guests disembarking the vessel, with locating luggage, completing lost luggage forms (when necessary) and general directional assistance navigating their way through U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) areas towards the terminal exit through to ground transportation.
- Pier Agents work various positions within the Port terminal that they may be asked to perform to include guest Check-in and directional capacities as needed for the Operation.
- Pier Agents Check-in guests & are required to perform basic data input functions on a laptop computer, tablet, or handheld device. Agent training per cruise line brand standards is provided.
- Pier Agents review, input, and verify validity of all travel document proof of citizenship presented by guests for boarding & check-in to ensure compliance with U.S. and International Law.
- Pier Agents guide & monitor the flow of guests throughout the terminal exits/entries, including - secure areas, transportation, walkways, Check–in areas, gangways, elevators /escalators.
- Pier Agents may assist guests requiring wheelchair assistance throughout the terminal during embark & debark.
- Pier Agents assist with set up of pier and/or breakdown at beginning & end of the day as needed.
- Pier Agents answer general questions in an accurate and pleasant manner to provide pertinent information regarding boarding and sailing.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned for the continuity & success of the Operation day.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service, greeting every guest with a warm smile & positive attitude.
- Ability to perform basic data input functions on a laptop computer, tablet, or handheld device.
- Communicate clearly with peers and guests. Listen, respond, & resolve guest enquiries appropriately.
- Follow all company policies/procedures & Cruise brand standards.
- Maintain dependable attendance & follow appearance guidelines.
- Available to work consistently 2-3 days a week for the Cruise Season, shift times range from 6am – 5pm.
- Remain flexible and willing to adapt to schedule or position modifications at the request of an on-site Supervisor.
The following are the minimum qualifications that an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Will also accept evidence of current enrollment for students aged 16 or 17 with confirmed parental consent.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
Skills/Abilities Pertinent to This Position
- Verbal & Written communication skills in English. Other languages not needed but can be an asset.
- Able to work in and around large groups of people
- Basic mathematical skills to accurately handle cash payments from embarking guests and ability to process credit cards.
- Passion for customer service / satisfaction
- Ability to interact and work at all levels as a team member
Physical Demands / Conditions
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Manual dexterity required for reaching for documents operating the cruise line provided laptops check in system.
- Must be able to stand constantly for the entire shift (4-8 hours), often in the same position.
- In some cases ability to push or pull guests via wheelchair weighing between 100-300lbs. Ability to lift, carry, push or pull items 10-20lbs.
- Work environment may be indoor/outdoor depending on positions assigned at pier terminal, involving varying weather conditions.
Timeline & Tasks
- Provided and reviewed during Orientation.
Specifics per cruise line brand trainings will be shared upon hiring, including any required forms by the Company/Brand.
For more information and to apply, please visit