Math Teacher (Teaching College-Level Courses)
Math Teacher (Teaching College-Level Courses)
North Creek High School
Certificated - Secondary - Mathematics
Job Number 4400006394
Open Date 05/10/2022
Thank you for your interest in a career with us! The Northshore School District is committed to a diverse workforce that reflects our students and our community, one that embraces and models equity and cultural competency.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated professional interested in teaching a unique program that focuses on college-level math courses.
1.0 FTE Math Teacher (Pre-calc 0.4, Alg 2/Trig 0.4, Calc 3/Differential Equations 0.2)
A classroom teacher fosters and manages a positive learning environment; develops and implements classroom lesson plans based on standards and general district guidelines; establishes learning objectives; provides instruction; uses research-proven strategies and multiple data elements to adjust instruction; sets high expectations for student achievement; counsels, disciplines, and supervises students; evaluates student performance and progress.
- Plan work in a collaborative environment.
- Seek opportunities for continuous personal and professional growth.
- Participate on program advisory committee.
- Curriculum development/ integration and align curriculum to adopted state standards.
- Provide multiple instructional delivery methods to meet a diverse student population.
- Utilize appropriate and effective classroom management, instructional, and assessment strategies.
- Help students explore first- and second-order differential equations and utilize various methods including undetermined coefficients, variation of parameters, and Laplace transforms to solve these differential equations.
- Teach students how to investigate series solutions, numerical approaches, and matrix methods for systems of linear first-order differential equations.
- Emphasize real world applications and technology integrated throughout the course.
- Be able to teach infinite sequences and series, representation of functions as power series, vectors in two and three dimensions, differentiation, and integration of vector functions, functions of several variables, and partial derivatives with applications that include optimization, directional derivatives, and the gradient.
- Valid Washington State Teaching Certificate.
- Master's in mathematics.
- Demonstrated strength in classroom instruction.
- Familiarity with the Washington State Math Standards and current initiatives.
- Demonstrated success in developing partnerships and working with advisory committees.
- Preferred experience in teaching a culturally, racially and economically diverse student population.
- Preferred experience teaching in higher education using learning-outcomes based instruction.
Location: North Creek High School, 3613 191st Pl SE, Bothell, WA 98012
Salary: 2021-22 Northshore Education Association (NSEA) Salary Schedule Placement on the salary schedule is determined by official documentation verifying educational level and work experience. Salary will be prorated for less than a full-year and/or full-time employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of developmental needs of students within assigned age range; knowledge of subject matter content and pedagogy; classroom management and organizational skills; skill in conflict resolution; ability to implement district adopted curriculum; ability to maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders; ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing; ability to adapt to changes quickly; ability to be an effective and collaborative member of a team; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to improve professional skills; ability to effectively use and integrate technology into curriculum; ability to learn new policies and procedures quickly; ability to maintain WA State Teaching Certificate.
Licenses/Special Requirements: Valid Washington State Teaching Certificate with math endorsement. Candidates who are new to the profession or moving from out of state, may apply if anticipated to obtain certification prior to the position start date.
Working Conditions: Works in a classroom setting; must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, and lift and carry objects typically weighing ten pounds or less; required to stand for extended periods of time; frequently reaches below shoulder height; occasionally pushes or pulls objects; frequently required to use sufficient manual dexterity to operate controls and computer keyboard, and handle books and other materials; exposure to infectious diseases; may be required to attend meetings or activities beyond normal work day.
Benefits: Washington state health insurance coverage (SEBB) and a Washington state retirement package, for eligible positions. Generally, you are eligible for SEBB benefits if you are anticipated to work at least 630 hours per school year (September 1 through August 31). The School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) benefits include:
- Medical plans with prescription benefits
- Dental plans
- Vision plans
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Dependent Care Assistance Program
Application Procedure: Click "Login and Apply" below to start your application. Complete all steps in the application process so that we may fully consider you.
- Complete an online application.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Enter 3 references, including their name, professional relationship to you, phone, and email. Confidential Reference Forms are automatically emailed via the application system.
- You may also submit other supporting information of your choosing.
Incomplete applications are not considered. Applications must be submitted by midnight PST on the closing date.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory results of background checks with prior employers and/or character references; satisfactory outcome of a criminal history background check (includes fingerprinting); satisfactory outcome of sexual misconduct information from prior school district employers; and approval by the Northshore School Board. New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or approved for a medical or religious exemption prior to the first day of work.