Secondary Cook Manager - Canyon Park Middle School
Secondary Cook Manager - Canyon Park Middle School
OPEN TO INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Under the supervision of the assigned Field Supervisor, this position directs and manages the complete kitchen operation, kitchen staff and student assistants. The Manager is responsible for preparation of “School Meal Pattern” breakfasts and lunches available to every school child; orders, prepares, and serves nutritious food as required by participation in the federal program; works cooperatively with staff, students, custodians, and parents; prepares all entrées, soups, breads, salads, and desserts for school meals for students and staff; follows recipes and adapts as needed to adjust quality; keeps accurate inventory of all goods ordered; keeps accurate records for government reimbursement and financial accountability; maintains a clean kitchen and sanitary working conditions; operates point of sale (POS) system and cash register as necessary and provides direction to staff on the operation of the POS system and cash register; and performs other related duties.
Salary: $22.16-$26.46 per hour, depending on experience
(2021-2022 Food Service Salary Schedule; subject to change)
Work Year: 192 days per year, 8.0 hours per day
Benefits: Consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the District and United Classified Workers Union Local #4795.
Food Handler’s Permit required.
1. Knowledge of Food Service Routines and Procedures
● Ability to work with large and small equipment such as ovens, dishwashers, combi-oven, meat slicer, microwave, garbage disposal, mixer, and hot cabinet.
● Ability to operate point of sale system and computer with specific software.
2. Ability to Communicate Effectively
● Communicate effectively with building administrators, co-workers, parents and students.
● Ability to read, write, and perform basic math calculations with accuracy.
● Ability to model a positive, caring attitude towards students and staff.
3. Ability to Problem Solve
● Ability to be flexible in a variety of food preparation and service circumstances.
● Ability to plan workload.
4. Ability to Read, Write, and Perform Basic Math Calculations with Accuracy
5. Able to Maintain a Neat and Clean Appearance and Meet the District Uniform Requirements
Works in a kitchen environment; may have to stand for prolonged periods of time; ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and requires occasional lifting and carrying of equipment and supplies up to 50 pounds.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE (Internal Applicants):
1. Complete a paper Transfer Form, which may be obtained from the Human Resources Office for Northshore School District, or on our website (www.nsd.org – select “Employment,” then “Current Employees,” then “HR Forms;” click on the blue link on the right under “Can’t find the form your looking for? Check the Northshore School District Staff Toolbox for Inter HR Forms here;” you’ll need to sign in, then select “Transfer Request Form” – (You will need to print the Transfer Request form and fill it out). You may also submit a resume, cover letter, and other relevant materials.
2. Submit completed transfer form, specifying the position and job number for which you are applying, to Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. of the closing date.
3. Interviews and/or a written test may be required. The opportunity to take the written test will be given prior to the interview.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE (External Applicants):
So that we can fully assess qualifications, we require all applicants to submit a complete application packet, including:
● Classified Application Form (Complete on-line at www.nsd.org)
● Letter of Application addressing your ability to perform the job duties and meet the qualifications as listed above. The letter should provide specific examples of your work experience, accomplishments, and achievements that demonstrate your ability to perform the work. (Upload and attach to application)
● Resume (Upload and attach to application)
● You may also submit other supporting information of your choosing.
Incomplete applications are not considered. Applications must be completed by the end of the business day on the closing date to receive consideration.
All offers of employment are contingent upon: satisfactory results of background checks with prior employers and/or character references; satisfactory outcome of a criminal history background check (includes fingerprinting); satisfactory outcome of sexual misconduct information from prior school district employers; fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or approved for an exemption prior to the first day of work; and approval by the Northshore School Board. New hires must complete a probationary period following their hire date.
Northshore School District prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. The following employee(s) have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged unlawful discrimination: Director of Human Resources; Abel Ghirmai 425-408-7622 (Title IX, ADA, and Civil Rights Compliance), Director of Student Services (Section 504), 3330 Monte Villa Parkway, Bothell, WA 98021, (425) 408-6000.