Northwest Justice Project (NJP) is a not-for-profit statewide law firm with a mission of Combatting Injustice • Strengthening Communities • Protecting Human Dignity. NJP secures justice for people in or near poverty through high quality legal advocacy that promotes the long-term well-being of low-income individuals, families and communities through legal representation, community partnerships, education, and other advocacy.
NJP seeks applications from qualified Controller candidates. The Controller will directly supervise accounting personnel, assist with all aspects of fiscal administration, cash management and reporting.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly internal financial reporting.
- Assist with the administration and monitoring of grants, contracts, sub-contracts, leases and subleases. Develop grant summaries and compliance schedules.
- Assist executive staff and other program staff with budgets, grant applications, grant proposals, grant renewals, contracts, sub-contracts, leases and sub-leases.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual financial statement, the annual fiscal and compliance audits and Form 990.
- Oversee preparation of the annual 403(b) plan financial statement, the annual audit and Form 5500.
- BA in accounting.
- CPA or equivalent.
- 8 – 10 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience successfully managing or supervising others in a professional environment
- Commitment to advancing racial equity and experience with incorporating racial equity principles into advocacy and leadership
- Familiarity with not-for-profit accounting and understanding of government regulations, including the Uniform Guidance.
Compensation: Starting salary is based upon years of experience with an annual salary range of $85,000 – $110,000 We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes 100% paid employee health premiums and significant premium shares for family health premiums, as well as generous time off.
See all details and apply: