Birth to Three Programs Senior Manager
Do you want to be a part of something bigger and make an impact in your community all while earning a competitive wage and an option for 100% employer paid health insurance? How does the possibility of 3 weeks paid vacation and a retirement plan with 5% employer contribution sound? Come join our team as the new Birth to Three Programs Senior Manager!
The Birth to Three Programs Senior Manager in Opportunity Council’s Early Learning and Family Services (ELAFS) department is responsible for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring evaluation and primary funder relations for the Early Head Start (EHS) and Early Support for Infants and Toddlers (ESIT) services and programs, including the Single-Entry Access to Services (SEAS)/Help Me Grow system and its associated community collaborations. The Senior Manager provides leadership for the EHS and ESIT teams, including supervision for the Lead Family Resource Coordinator, the EHS Assistant Manager, and the SEAS/Help Me Grow Supervisor, as well as training, professional development opportunities, and performance counseling and reviews for the teams. In addition, the Senior Manager collaborates with agency personnel on the EHS and ESIT budgets; relevant contracts, and department-wide outcomes tracking. Position also supports the creation of interagency agreements, and memoranda of understanding with key collaborators. The Senior Manager participates as a member of the ELAFS administrative, leadership, and, as necessary, Integrated Services Teams, and chairs or serves on key agency and community collaboration planning, oversight or advisory groups.
- B.A. in Early Childhood Education/Child Development (advanced degree preferred) or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum three years’ related experience working with children Birth to Three and families in an educational or social service setting.
- Minimum three years’ supervisory and management experience, including experience in basic budgeting, reading financial statements and following principles of cost allocation.
- Experience in training/facilitating work teams in supervisory skills, communications, group process, observation techniques, trauma-informed practice, data analysis/reporting, management and organization.
- Basic knowledge of comprehensive early childhood development philosophy and culture (e.g. brain science, childcare, Head Start, ECEAP, Early Intervention, Early Head Start, etc.).
- At least two years’ experience in social services setting, emphasizing working with disadvantaged families and some ancillary training hours in best practices in diversity, inclusion and equity.
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Paid health leave- available following first pay period
- Paid Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 5% employer contribution
- Traditional and HSA health care options
- Life insurance, long-term disability, and long-term care
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal Legal Services
These details are for informational purposes only, may be subject to change, based on employee eligibility and include voluntary options.
The Opportunity Council is a private, non-profit Community Action Agency serving homeless and low-income families and individuals. Our mission is to help people improve their lives through education, support, and direct assistance while advocating for just and equitable communities.
For over 50 years we have offered a broad scope of services that range from addressing immediate and crisis-oriented needs (food, emergency shelter, eviction-prevention) to longer-term programs that promote self-sufficiency in our community (early childhood education, home weatherization).
At the Opportunity Council, we are committed to a core set of values that include collaboration, respect, integrity, passion and learning. We believe we are a stronger and successful organization because of this commitment. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to start of employment.