Head Athletics Trainer
Oregon Tech’s athletics department is seeking qualified candidates to fulfill the role of Head Athletic Trainer. The Head Athletic Trainer is a full-time 10-month, fixed term, unclassified administrative position. The primary objective of this position is to manage the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. Other duties include budget management, administrative duties, secondary insurance monitoring, communication with other medical professionals for referrals, supervision of one full-time staff member, as well as student training room assistants and athletic training room policy formation.
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training.
- Athletic training experience at the collegiate level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or Exercise Sport Science with an option in Athletic Training. Previous Certified Athletic Trainer experience a plus.
- Three to Five (3-5 ) years of athletic training experience.
- NATA -BOC Certification.
- Health licensure by the State of Oregon, by hire date.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Current, valid driver’s license by the first date of employment.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully work, communicate, and collaborate in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Initial review of applications will begin on May 24, 2022. Applications will continue to be accepted initial May 30, 2022. Therefore, at the discretion of the University, materials received after the initial review date may not receive full consideration.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/5100
Then, upload the following elements to your application.
1. A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
2. A resume/curriculum vitae.
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law.
Oregon Tech is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Human Resources.