Digital Content and Outreach Coordinator #19001Pierce Transit
Digital Content and Outreach Coordinator
Salary: $65,208.00 - $94,556.80 Annually
Location: Lakewood, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Executive Offices
Job Number: 19001
Closing: 1/28/2019 4:00 PM Pacific
Pierce Transit is an award-winning organization focused on fulfilling the mission of improving people's quality of life by providing safe, reliable, innovative, and useful transportation services that are locally based and regionally connected.
We are recruiting to fill the role of Digital Content and Outreach Coordinator. As a key member of Pierce Transit's Communications team, this position will work out of our headquarters located in Lakewood.
The ideal candidate will be a communications professional who intimately understands the value that effective communications brings to an organization's customers. The successful candidate will be one that works effectively in a team environment and understands how various communication methods fit together to form an overall agency message.
The Digital Content and Outreach Coordinator will be an effective storyteller and strong writer that can use their knowledge of social media trends and tactics to expand Pierce Transit's online presence and raise awareness and use of transit and other agency services. They will have experience creating visual content through video and photography and understand how to effectively and simultaneously use a variety of digital platforms. Other regular duties in this position will include:
- Assisting with the agency's outreach efforts by planning, organizing, and implementing Pierce Transit's participation in events and representing the agency at some of those events.
- Managing online content to ensure it is fresh, up-to-date and conveying information Pierce Transit's customers and other community members need.
- Collaborating with stakeholders both internally and externally to achieve organizational goals.
- Monitoring social media traffic and engaging with customers/community members.
The following functions are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Coordinates the agency's social media presence, including campaigns, crisis communications, online meetings and events.
- Posts to agency's social media sites and acts as liaison with customers and the general public on social media platforms.
- Develops and implements processes for tracking and monitoring social media campaigns and promotions to ascertain success and results.
- Develops concepts for graphics personnel to create visual aids that assist with social media and other campaigns.
- Coordinates Pierce Transit's participation in local, state and national transit ridership campaigns.
- Develops concepts for videos that will be used for internal and external communications.
- Creates videos that will be posted on social media sites and used in other ways to share information about the agency's services and initiatives.
- Takes photographs for Pierce Transit promotions, events, social media posts and other purposes.
- Develops and implements public outreach strategies and activities that allow for public input and feedback on Pierce Transit's initiatives.
- Plans, organizes and implements community outreach activities, and represents Pierce Transit as assigned at public events and meetings.
- Provides communication, counsel and advice to internal customers, especially around social media platforms.
- Posts to agency's Internet site.
- Maintains Communications Department's Intranet page.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates regular and reliable attendance.
Knowledge of and skill in applying:
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations;
- Public relations principles and practices;
- Correct grammar, usage and punctuation;
- Social media principles and methods, including a good understanding of major channels;
- Methods and techniques for evaluating effectiveness of social media efforts;
- Video development and production;
- Photographic principles and practices;
- Creativity and imagination in preparing communication materials that address the needs of targeted audiences;
- Community outreach methods, techniques and strategies;
- Project management and time management tactics;
- Public agencies' public records obligations; and
- Modern office equipment.
Skill in and ability to:
- Creatively use social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to effectively communicate an organization's message and engage the public;
- Create videos that effectively communicate agency messages and promote an organization's services;
- Recommend and use personal computer software programs needed to complete assigned work;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Write with AP style using correct grammar and punctuation;
- Synthesize and communicate, in writing, orally and visually, technical information to non-technical audiences;
- Make rapid decisions and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Work collaboratively, independently and under pressure;
- Act in a tactful and diplomatic manner and work on sensitive issues with diverse groups;
- Organize multiple work assignments and set priorities; meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities;
- Communicate effectively and positively, and maintain productive interpersonal relations with coworkers, supervisor, the general public and other people/groups with which the position interacts;
- Represent Pierce Transit to the community in a professional and positive light;
- Provide excellent service to all customers both internally and externally;
- Initiate and maintain community and industry contacts; and
- Attend scheduled evening and weekend meetings and events as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism, Graphic Design, Video Production or other closely related field (and)
- Two (2) or more years' experience directly related to the duties of the position;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the duties of the job listed above.
Ideal Qualifications Include:
- Extensive experience coordinating and overseeing an organization's social media presence on multiple channels.
- Experience creating videos that have been used to communicate messages both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to craft creative, timely, accurate and interesting content.
- Experience offering communications counsel to coworkers at a manager level or higher.
- Community outreach experience, including coordinating an organization's participation in community events.
- Familiarity with transit and a passion for helping people access the important services that Pierce Transit provides.
Pierce Transit Is An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Pierce Transit has a strong commitment to the community we serve and our employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to have a workforce that reflects the community we serve. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Pierce Transit's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.