Operations and Safety Specialist #19002Pierce Transit
Operations and Safety Specialist
Salary: $24.46 - $33.02 Hourly
Location: Lakewood, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Service Delivery and Support
Job Number: 19002
Closing: 1/31/2019 4:00 PM Pacific
Pierce Transit is an independent municipal organization, dedicated to fulfilling the mission of improving people's quality of life by providing safe, reliable, innovative, and useful transportation services that are locally based and regionally connected.
As a regional leader in Transit, we are here to help people get where they need to be quickly, reducing commuter stress, improving public safety, greening the environment and radically improving urban air quality by providing comfortable, effective transit services for thousands of our community members.
We are currently recruiting for a seasoned administrative professional to fill the Operations and Safety Specialist vacancy located at Pierce Transit's Headquarters in Lakewood. If you are interested in applying, please see the application requirements below.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing administrative support to multiple divisions and will be seasoned in providing front line support. We are looking for an individual with strong technical and customer service skills to address the needs of both internal and external stakeholders, providing information, guidance, or resources as needed on a variety of Operational and Safety topics.
The Specialist will provide reception and customer service for the Service Delivery and Support Administration and Safety departments, answering the phone, greeting staff and customers and performing regular administrative duties to include:
- Maintaining calendars and schedules and arranging and preparing for meetings and events;
- Researching information and providing support in preparing reports;
- Organizing, filing and maintaining storage of documents. As assigned, reviews file storage and purges files according to document retention procedures;
- Assisting with special projects or events which may require gathering, researching, reviewing, tracking, comparing, verifying and maintaining data, preparing announcements, publications and other program materials;
- Other projects and duties as detailed below or as assigned.
The following functions are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Provides reception and customer service for the Service Delivery and Support Administration and Safety departments by answering telephone and greeting staff and customers. Provides assistance and responds to inquiries. Manages the Executive Director and Safety Manager's calendars, reviews and processes mail, and screens phone calls. Receives, prepares, and processes documents. Provides guidance regarding departmental procedures and practices.
- Gathers and reviews data, performs data entry and reviews input for accuracy; retrieves, updates and maintains data, records, logs, and files; researches, compiles, and reconciles data; prepares reports, worksheets, charts, graphs and/or other documents.
- Provides administrative support such as: maintaining schedules; coordinating meetings; arranging and preparing meeting space and equipment resources; preparing agendas and minutes; making travel arrangements; editing and preparing reports; composing draft correspondence; researching information and providing related support in preparing reports.
- Provides assistance to the Safety Department and the Safety and Service Quality Administrator related to the DriveCam program, accident preventability documentation, Accident Review Board, facility inspections, taking minutes at the Safety Committee meetings, Agency safety communications, NIMS roll out and administration of the program, daily review of the safety hotline and other safety related tasks as requested.
- Coordinates quarterly Agency Safety meetings including scheduling rooms, attending meetings and taking notes, arranging guest speakers, preparing materials, setting up audio/visual systems, promoting meetings through emails, A-boards, and various other means of communication, following up on questions, comments and concerns, and tracking and gathering data from the meeting to provide to the Executive Team.
- Prepares and/or processes invoices, statements, purchase orders and requisitions. Assists with tracking department information such as maintaining balances, researching discrepancies, and preparing related reports.
- Maintains and monitors inventory and supplies for assigned area. Tracks, orders, stocks and distributes supplies. Reconciles company credit card statement assigned to the department. Collects and distributes mail and prepares outgoing mail. Completes copying, faxing, collating and binding requests.
- Organizes, files and maintains storage of documents. As assigned, reviews file storage and purges files according to document retention procedures.
- Assists with special projects or events which may require gathering, researching, reviewing, tracking, comparing, verifying and maintaining data, preparing announcements, publications and other program materials.
- Demonstrates regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of and Skill in Applying:
- Applicable departmental work rules;
- Microsoft Office Suite software with special emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint;
- Modern office equipment;
- Recordkeeping methods of assigned area;
- Customer service principles;
- Data entry methods;
- Basic mathematical concepts.
Skill in and ability to:
- Utilize a computer and relevant software applications;
- Provide customer service;
- Organize and maintain files;
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Draft correspondence;
- Prepare basic reports;
- Research and reconcile data;
- Update and maintain data records;
- Establishing effective and cooperative working relationships with diverse individuals;
- Communicating verbally and in writing to succinctly exchange or convey information.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration, Safety Administration or a related field (and)
- Two (2) years' experience performing general office or customer service; (or)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Pierce Transit Is An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Pierce Transit has a strong commitment to the community we serve and our employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to have a workforce that reflects the community we serve. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Pierce Transit's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.