Account Manager, Puget Sound Workers' Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
May 5, 2022
Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool (PSWCT/UP) seeks an experienced Account Manager to take lead responsibility for building deep and effective relationships with new and existing school districts clients by executing initiatives that support short-term and long-term strategies around total cost of workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation risk. The position collaborates closely and effectively with internal partners to ensure services align with client needs and leads the development and communication of our value proposition to prevent and mitigate exposure, as well as plans and executes new business development initiatives.
PSWCT/UP (a department of Puget Sound Educational Service District) is a group self-insured program for workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation coverage for 35 school districts and PSESD and their 45,000 employees in King, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties.
Puget Sound Educational Service District (Puget Sound ESD) is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about Puget Sound ESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Risk Management, or related field
- An Associate’s degree in Business, Marketing, Risk Management, or related field and 3+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience, or
- A high school diploma/GED or equivalent and 6+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience may substitute for Bachelor’s degree
- Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with customers and business clients within a risk/carrier environment and/or business setting
- Experience coordinating and executing client stewardship activities
- Possess a valid driver’s license & evidence of insurability
- Knowledge of Washington State workers’ compensation environment
- Experience persuading and influencing adoption of claims and risk management best practices
- Prior successful experience servicing customers and/or clients
- Claims and risk management experience
- Experience in a customer-facing position with management of multiple and competing customer needs in a culturally diverse and inclusive environment
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application, and official transcripts may be required within two weeks of hire.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Salary: $79,979 – $104,940 (Salary Band L)
Department: Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, May 15, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of May 24, 2021 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057