July 1, 2021
Puget Sound Educational School District seeks a Communications Director to provide leadership, strategy and direction of the agency’s internal and external communications, and to support regional school districts with strategic communication, ensuring that communications services are consistently aligned with the Agency’s End: Success for Each Child and Eliminating the Opportunity Gap by Leading with Racial Equity.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
• Bachelor’s degree in job-related field
• Professional experience in communications, branding, and marketing, with knowledge of current best practices
• Demonstrates a commitment to leading with racial equity and understanding of antiracism leadership
• Experience or knowledge designing, managing, and monitoring website content, graphic designs, and systems
• Experience managing and monitoring social media
• Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Public school pre-K - 12 educational systems experience
• Experience collaborating with diverse groups to reach common goals
• Experience developing and managing content (print, online, video) with delivery across multiple platforms
• Budget development and management experience and/or experience with creation and oversight of fee for service business models • Experience with media relations
• Event management experience
• Professional experience with public records
• Supervisory experience
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full Time, Year ‘Round
Salary: $92,587 – $107,372 (Salary Band O)
Department: Administration – Communications, Government, and Public Relations
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
• Medical, dental, and vision
• 24 annual leave days per year
• 12 sick days
• 11 paid holidays (*12 days beginning with the 2021/2022 program year)
• Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
• Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
• Subsidized ORCA card
• Free parking
• Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by July 18, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Friday, July 23, 2021 via videoconferencing.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057