Director, Education Technology
Director, Education Technology
September 15, 2022
Puget Sound Educational School District seeks an Education Technology Director to provide regional leadership in technology consultation, procurement, and training, for school districts and educational communities providing professional development , technical assistance and ongoing support for the effective, appropriate and visionary use of technology optimizing student learning in alignment with the Agency’s End: Success for Each Child and Eliminating the Opportunity Gap by Leading with Racial Equity.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. Please note that for staff in positions interacting with or working directly with children, a full COVID-19 vaccination is required. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Demonstrates a commitment to leading with racial equity and understanding of antiracism leadership
- Professional experience leading Instructional Technology reforms and efforts
- Demonstrates an understanding of student privacy and accessibility (ADA Compliance)
- Experience working with diverse groups toward common goals
- Experience facilitating professional learning and/or technical assistance in areas such as:
- Digital equity and inclusion,
- Cybersecurity and IT best practices,
- Media and digital literacy,
- Learning management systems, and/or
- Integration of instructional best practices with instructional technology.
- BA/BS degree or higher in job-related field
- Experience implementing and/or leading personalized learning initiatives
- Proficient in program and project management processes
- Professional development planning and implementation
- Familiarity of federal and state funds focused on instructional technology and technology integration
- Experience with K-12 Educational Technology (EdTech) Learning Standards demonstrations - synchronous and asynchronous
- Experience with data preparation and interpretation
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following Job-Specific Competencies
- Building Effective Teams: Builds a diverse and cohesive team who work together toward shared goals.
- Innovation and Creativity: Generates unique methods, ideas, insights, and connections that challenge the status quo to expand possibilities.
- Leveraging Technology: Skillfully uses office and information systems and technology to streamline work activities. Seeks out ways to employ technology to optimize individual and organizational performance.
- Managing and Measuring Work: Prioritizes and organizes work plans based on objectives and desired outcomes. Collaborates and shares responsibility for decisions and monitors progress toward goals by establishing strong feedback channels.
- Professional Development Facilitation: Sharing knowledge and expertise with the goal of improving professional skills and knowledge through adult learning
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application, and official transcripts may be required within two weeks of hire.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full Time, Year ‘Round
Salary: $100,133 – $131,384 Annually (Salary Band P)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days, 12 sick days, and 12 paid holidays per year
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, October 2. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of October 10 via videoconferencing.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057