Director, Multilingual SupportPuget Sound ESD
Director, Multilingual Support
Puget Sound ESD seeks a dynamic, highly-skilled Multilingual Support Director to provide the vision, leadership, design the implementation of innovative multilingual programs, services, and support for the Kindergarten to Post-Postsecondary programs, schools and school districts, children and families; and collaborating with other ESDs, OSPI and Higher Education to create and sustain a regional support system for multilingual students.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Professional experience in the Kindergarten through 12th grade educational system, including experience with instructional leadership, facilitating groups and leading professional learning for adults
- Professional experience leading English language learner programs and 2nd language acquisition
- Experience working with diverse groups toward common goals
- Experience coaching adults in the use of data to inform strategy development and program implementation
- Professional experience writing grants
- Experience analyzing data to identify and implement gap closing practice
- Current Washington State Teaching Certificate
Please note: applicants should include their entire chronological work history and describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process.
Based in Renton. Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week.
Salary: $93,903 to $108,899 /year.
Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity. We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision; Washington State Department of Retirement System with current employer contribution at over 10%; employer paid life insurance; optional life insurance options; generous and flexible paid time off (24 days of paid annual leave, 12 days of paid sick leave, and 11 paid holidays per year); Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan; subsidized ORCA card; and free parking.
PSESD strives to have a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by extended date, Sunday, September 15, 2019. Phone Interviews tentatively scheduled for Friday, September 20, 2019. In-Person interviews tentatively scheduled for Friday, September 27, 2019.
For more information to apply for this position, visit: