Director of Claims, Workers' Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
Director of Claims
Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool (PSWCT/UP) seeks an experienced Director of Claims to provide leadership and subject matter expertise to a well-established, high-quality claims handling function encompassing the management of workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation claims. The role is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of initiatives and strategies, grounded in best practices, to mitigate loss while optimizing school district membership value and maximizing the injured worker experience. The Claims Director will collaborate with internal and external partners and a dynamic group of certified claims professionals, along with imbedded attorney and case management personnel, to inform the execution of tools and methods in delivering the best possible claims experience.
PSWCT/UP (a department of Puget Sound Educational Service District) is a group self-insured program for workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation coverage for 35 school districts and PSESD and their 45,000 employees in King, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties.
Puget Sound Educational Service District (Puget Sound ESD) is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about Puget Sound ESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health, employment with Puget Sound ESD requires Early Learning staff and staff in positions working directly with children or vulnerable adults have full COVID-19 vaccination. There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Insurance, or related field, or an AA degree in Risk Management, Insurance, or related field and 3+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience may substitute for Bachelor’s degree, or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent and 6+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience
- Previous experience managing workers’ compensation claims in Washington State
- Previous claims supervisory/leadership experience
- Washington State-certified claims administrator designation or certification achieved within 2 years of hire.
- Origami Claims Management System proficiency
- Experience utilizing claims analytics to inform quality measures
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation claims and risk management best practices
- Previous unemployment compensation claims management experience
- Experience coordinating and executing claim-related client stewardship activities
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application, and official transcripts may be required within two weeks of hire.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Hiring Salary Range: $110,397 – $144,851 (Salary Band R)
Full Salary Range: $110,397 - $159,888 (Salary Band R)
Department: Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 days of annual leave
- 12 days of sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, March 12. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of March 20 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057