Director, Student Assistance Programs
Director, Student Assistance Programs
July 8, 2021
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a dynamic, culturally responsive Director of Student Assistance Programs to serve as the leader of prevention/intervention, behavioral health, school health, school safety, and threat assessment teams. This leader will be given the opportunity to address traditional and historical system practices and stereotypes that have caused disparate harm to certain student groups. The Student Assistance Program Director’s leadership will serve in collaboration with internal staff; local school district staff/administrators; students; families and community members to implement gap closing student assistance programs; and collective efforts to shift system practices and adult behavior to ensure student academic, safety, and social emotional success.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
• MA/MS Degree in Instruction, Public Health, Social Work, Human Services or related field (Bachelor’s degree with increasing levels of job-related experience may substitute for Master’s degree)
• Ability to explain and model the behaviors needed to undo the disparate effects of the current system
• Professional experience in public K-12 educational system or in social work, including experience with instructional leadership; facilitating groups; and leading professional learning for adults
• Experience working with diverse groups toward common goals
• Experience leading and supervising staff toward shared outcomes
• Experience in budget development and management
• Demonstrates a commitment to leading with racial equity and understanding of antiracism
• Professional experience writing grants
• Knowledge and experience with school safety and/or threat assessment efforts
• Demonstrates an asset-based philosophy where students are valued for their diversity
• Professional experience with community-based agencies
• Experience with application of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support framework and Social Emotional Learning
• Experience with behavioral health practices (substance abuse, suicide prevention, mental health, etc.)
• ESA, CDP, Mental Health credential, or psychologist license, DSHS counselor license or social worker license
• Experience analyzing data to identify and implement gap closing practices
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full Time, Year ‘Round
Salary: $90,861 – $117,340 (Salary Band O)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support – Student Support Services
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Benefits We offer comprehensive benefits:
• Medical, dental, and vision
• 24 annual leave days per year
• 12 sick days
• 11 paid holidays (*12 days beginning in the 2021/2022 program year)
• Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
• Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
• Subsidized ORCA card
• Free parking
• Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by July 22, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for July 29, 2021 via videoconferencing.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057