Early Learning Program Manager - Direct Service
Early Learning Program Manager – Direct Service
January 6, 2022
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks an Early Learning Program Manager to serve as the lead and supervisor for our direct service programs, including Heritage/Educare, family childcare, home-based services, and our Early Head Start program located at Washington Correctional Center for Women. PSESD’s direct service programs serve prenatal to kindergarten-aged children and services including Head Start (HS), Early Head Start (EHS), and Early Childhood Education Assistance Program (ECEAP) state-funded preschool. This position will provide leadership and expertise to ensure quality implementation of state and federal performance standards for educational programming as well as including high-quality curriculum and instruction, assessment of child progress and school readiness outcomes, oversight of a coaching approach for teaching staff, and oversight of supports to ensure educational programming is delivered in culturally, linguistically, and developmentally appropriate ways for all children. A successful candidate will be skilled in data analysis/interpretation and use to inform continually improving outcomes. This position does include supervisory responsibilities.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). . There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Early Childhood Special Education, OR Bachelor’s Degree in a related field AND 30 college quarter credits in Early Childhood Education
- Experience managing or leading early childhood education programs.
- Experience working in a comprehensive birth-5 program
- Knowledge of early childhood curricula, screening, and assessment tools (child and classroom)
- Experience working with low income and diverse populations, including dual language learners
- Knowledge of federal and state early learning standards
- Knowledge and experience in Part C and/or Part B special education/disabilities services
- Experience in instructional support and/or coaching & mentoring
- Experience and knowledge in adult learning principles and training
- Experience in systems development and implementation
- Experience in data quality and use to inform program planning
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application. Official transcripts will be required to confirm degree and/or credits within two weeks of hire.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Salary: $76,174 – $88,339 (Salary Band K)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, January 30, 2022. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of February 7 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057