Executive Assistant: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support
Executive Assistant – Learning, Teaching, and Family Support
July 8, 2021
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a dynamic, highly skilled Executive Assistant to plan, implement, direct, and maintain the assigned department by providing a wide variety of complex and confidential administrative and project implementation support; analyzing requests and providing recommendations for action; and communicating information to staff, other organizations, public agencies, and governing bodies. This position supports the Executive Director – Learning, Teaching and Family Support, and provides support for other Agency leaders.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit
• Associate/Vocational Degree in job-related field (High School Diploma/GED equivalency and progressively responsible job-related work experience may substitute for degree)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to develop and edit engaging written materials for different audiences
• Website management, PowerPoint, or other publishing software experience
• Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to using a racial equity lens
• Professional experience working in a school district, college, and/or community-based organization
• Experience in the efficient management of multiple functions for several staff in a busy office environment
• Budget preparation and analysis experience
• Experience and comfort with a variety of technology tools
• Experience designing creative, graphic-rich documents and presentations
• Event coordination and management experience
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full Time, Year ‘Round
Salary: $55,783 – $64,689 annually (Salary Band E)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
• Medical, dental, and vision
• 24 annual leave days per year
• 12 sick days
• 11 paid holidays (*12 days beginning with the 2021/2022 program year)
• Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
• Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
• Subsidized ORCA card
• Free parking
• Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by July 25, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for July 29 and August 12 via phone and/or videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057