December 28, 2021
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a highly qualified Family Advocate to join our team. The Family Advocate works with Educare School’s Family Support staff and the interdisciplinary teaching team in the engagement and the support of families in Educare through activities, practices and services that support parents as the primary nurturers, experts, and teachers of their child to promote and sustain their child’s learning, development, academic, and life success.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd..
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 , employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Associate’s degree or higher in human services, social services, family services, or counseling; or a related degree with 30 or more job-related credits; or a Family Development Certificate (completion within 6 months of hire date)
- Experience working with culturally diverse families
- Professional experience with Case Work
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to using a racial equity lens
- Experience working in a childhood setting
- Experience with Community Based Organization, Grassroots Movements, and/or working with and for Social Justice
- Experience with Head Start reporting and administrative tasks
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Educare Early Learning Center, White Center/Seattle
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Salary: $49,103 – $56,943 (Salary Band B)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, January 9, 2022. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of January 17 2022 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057