December 28, 2021
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Family Educator to provide quality comprehensive services to providers and families within our Family Childcare programs, which are located in both King and Pierce counties. This position involves providing family support services to families enrolled in Head Start or ECEAP in the Family Childcare model. The position is located out of PSESD’s Renton office This position will serve as part of an interdisciplinary team to support family childcare providers, and families in meeting the needs of children and families.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 , employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Bachelor’s degree in ECE, or Bachelor’s degree in related field (elementary education, child development, special education, human development, child and family studies) and 18 ECE credits, or a Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field and 25 ECE credits
- Associate’s degree in same and progressively responsible job-related experience may be considered equivalent to a BA degree
- Experience in ECE or child and family development programs serving pregnant women, infants, and toddlers, as well as direct experience teaching and caring for infants and toddlers in a classroom, family childcare center, or other group setting.
- Experience conducting home visits
- Experience working with low-income families with young children
- Experience providing comprehensive services to families, including health, nutrition, child development, and parenting education
- Experience working with families and/or children from diverse cultures
- Experience providing family support services in Head Start/ECEAP or other comprehensive child development/family support program
- Experience working or supporting the Family Childcare model
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Based in Renton, Washington with travel in King and/or Pierce Counties
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Salary: $51,555 – $59,789 (Salary Band C)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by January 9, 2022. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of January 17, 2022 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057