Family Educator (Part-Time)
Family Educator (Part-Time)
March 3, 2020
We are seeking a Family Educator to provide quality comprehensive services services to providers and families within our Family Childcare programs, which are located in both King and Pierce counties. This position involves providing family support services to families enrolled in Head Start or ECEAP in the Family Childcare model. The position is located out of PSESD's Renton office.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington's K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- BA degree in ECE, or BA in related field (elementary education, child development, special education, human development, child and family studies) and 18 ECE credits, OR BA in unrelated field and 25 ECE credits (AA in same and progressively responsible job-related experience may be equivalent with BA degree) **Unofficial transcript must be included as part of complete application**
- Experience in ECE or child and family development programs serving pregnant women, infants, and toddlers, as well as direct experience teaching and caring for infants and toddlers in a classroom, family childcare center, or other group setting
- Experience conducting home visits;
- Experience working with low income families with young children;
- Experience providing comprehensive services to families, including health, nutrition, child development, and parenting education;
- Experience working with families and/or children from diverse cultures;
- Experience providing family support services in Head Start/ECEAP or other comprehensive child development/family support program.
- Experience working or supporting the Family Childcare model
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Based in Renton, with travel throughout King and Pierce Counties
Job Type: Part-time, 20 hours/week, Year 'round
Compensation: $23.94-$27.76/hour (Band C)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by March 16, 2020. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for March 30, 2020.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System (http://bit.ly/psesdfasttrack) and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 -- www.psesd.org/careers