Home Visitor Alternate
Home Visitor Alternate
September 7, 2023
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Home Visitor Alternate to provide quality home-based child development, family support and health/nutrition services, case management for pregnant women, infants, and toddlers, and regularly assist with playgroups in an Early Head Start program serving families in Pierce County. The Home Visitor Alternate caseloads will vary as they will support staff leaves and transitions. The Home Visitor Alternate provides high quality, comprehensive support services to infants and toddlers and their families; including support to assist parents in meeting the needs of their children and enhancing parents' role as the primary influence in their child's education and development. To learn more about Early Head Start Home-Based program, visit https://ehshomebased.psesd.org/
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
Early Learning Program Hiring Requirements
- Portable Background Check: All Early Learning Program hires must have a cleared PSESD fingerprint background check (Washington State Patrol and FBI clearance) and a cleared Portable Background Check (PBC) before their hire date, and every three (3) years thereafter as a condition of continued employment. Applicants without a current PBC should consider completing a PBC during the application phase. Please click here for instructions, and please click here to start the process.
- Required Health Documentation to be completed within 30 days of official start date for all Early Learning staff, including:
- Completed Medical Release Form
- Tuberculosis clearance (if not included on Medical Release Form)
- MMR vaccine documentation (if not included on Medical Release Form)
- Home Visitor Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, OR
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or related field with coursework equivalent to the Home Visitor CDA
- Experience working with children age birth-5 and their families.
- Experience in Head Start/Early Head Start/ECEAP or other comprehensive child development/family support program serving low income families
- Experience working with infants and/or toddlers
- Experience working with pregnant and/or postpartum women
- Experience providing home visits with pregnant women and/or families with children age birth-5
- Experience working with refugee families, immigrant families, and/or families with limited English speaking abilities
- Community outreach experience
- Bilingual ability - Spanish preferred
- Experience working with interpreters
Applicants are required to include the following attachments within the online application in order to be considered:
- Cover Letter: Clearly reflect how you meet the minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable).
- Resume: Provide complete chronological resume including all work history along with dates of employment (month and year) and job responsibilities, education, and certifications.
- Please note that salary placements for selected candidates will be based on related experience detailed in the resume provided via the application process
- Additional Documents: In some cases, additional documents may be required and will be specified in the job opening announcement/advertisement.
Location: Office and sites located in Pierce County
Job Type: Full Time, 40hrs/week
Hiring Salary Range: $54,749 – $71,836 (Salary Band C)
Full Salary Range: $54,749 – $79,293 (Salary Band C)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support - Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications and relevant experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by September 21. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for September 29 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057