Prevention Coalition Coordinator
Prevention Coalition Coordinator
January 12, 2023
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a dynamic, highly skilled Prevention Coalition Coordinator to convene members and lead the prevention coalition activities and action plans in support, organization, and maintenance of the Coalition for Drug-Free Youth in the White Center Community. The Prevention Coordinator partners with community members to ensure the implementation of evidence-based prevention programs and other strategies designed to prevent or delay the use and misuse of alcohol, marijuana, tobacco, and other drugs among youth up to age 18 and adults ages 19-25.
To learn more about Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative (CPWI) and coalition coordinator functions please visit
- The Athena Forum: New CPWI Community Coalition Coordinators
- Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative: King County/White Center Community Profile
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health, employment with Puget Sound ESD requires Early Learning staff and staff in positions working directly with children or vulnerable adults have full COVID-19 vaccination. There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Health Education, Communications, Social Sciences, or closely related field, or Associate’s Degree in same and 4+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience
• Certified Prevention Professional credential, or must be able to obtain within 18 months of hire
• Two years of work experience in community organizing, program coordination, or community-based programs involving youth, drug/alcohol/tobacco abuse, or other related community health prevention or counseling.
• Working knowledge of substance abuse prevention and prevention science, community development and mobilization, youth development principles, and community organizing approaches.
• Demonstrated ability to create and sustain effective relationships with community partners, foster and share leadership among individuals in the community, and build bridges among diverse community members and organizations.
• Organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, public speaking and training skills, and group and meeting facilitation skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Ability to learn new concepts quickly and is self-motivated with ability to work independently.
• Possesses knowledge of local organizations, services available and the community to be served.
• Proficiency in Spanish
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application, and official transcripts may be required within two weeks of hire.
Location: Offices based at Puget Sound ESD in Renton and at CPWI in Burien
Job Type: Full time, 40hrs/week
Salary: $61,473 – $80,658 (Salary Band F)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support – Prevention/Intervention
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
• Medical, dental, and vision
• 24 annual leave days per year, 12 sick days, and 12 paid holidays
• Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
• Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
• Subsidized ORCA card
• Free parking and electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by January 27, 2023. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of February 6 or February 13, 2023 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057