Program Manager, Expanded Learning
Program Manager, Expanded Learning
September 13, 2021
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks an internal candidate to serve as an Expanded Learning Program Manager to develop, implement and support the Expanded Learning Program by coordinating an extended-day academic enrichment and student/family program. The Expanded Learning Program Manager will provide supervision of staff and coordination of the Echo Glen afterschool program that provides after-school youth activities and community educational opportunities. This is a 2-year position with potential to extend.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). . There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work, Administration, or related area (Associate’s/Vocational Degree and progressively responsible job-related work experience may substitute for BA/BS degree)
• Experience in a supervisory or managerial role
• Professional experience working with K-12 children and their families in traditional and/or expanded education programs (after school programs)
• Experience supporting students with mental and/or behavioral health need
• Demonstrates a commitment to leading with racial equity and understanding of antiracism
• Experience working with children and families from diverse cultures
• Experience advocating for vulnerable and underserved student populations
• Job-related experience with youth in mental health, corrections, alternative education, or other like educational settings
• Training in de-escalation techniques
• Budget management experience
Applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process.
Location: Based at Echo Glen in Snoqualmie, Washington
Job Type: Full Time, Year 'Round for 2 years with the potential to extend
Salary: $65,802 - $76,310 (Salary Band H)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
• Medical, dental, and vision
• 24 annual leave days per year
• 12 sick days • 12 paid holidays
• Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
• Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
• Subsidized ORCA card
• Free parking
• Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, September 26. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for October 5, 2021 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057