ECE Site Coordinator
ECE Site Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Early Childhood Program Site Coordinator
PROGRAM: Early Childhood Education Program
REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Education Director
STATUS/PAY: Regular Part-Time (40 hours per week)
SUMMARY: The coordinator will assist the ECE Program Director by assuring the delivery of a safe, nurturing, developmentally appropriate and culturally relevant program within the guidelines of the agencies policies and procedures, performance standards, and licensing guidelines.
- Serve as Site Coordinator in collaboration with the ECE Director and other members of the ECE Administrative Team.
- Assist with monitoring compliance with program contracts, performance standards (ECEAP & Step Ahead) NAC (National Accreditation Commission) requirements, and Licensing and Early Achievers Guidelines with a focus on facilities, health, safety and nutrition components.
- Compile data and assist with reports as required.
- Filing (staff time off request, reimbursements, city subsidy vouchers, DSHS monthly co-pay paper etc.).
- Ensure compliance with Health Policy, Disaster Plan and inspection requirements (smoke alarms, fire extinguisher, Seattle Fire Department).
- Plan and conduct monthly fire drills, quarterly earthquake drills and bi-annual lockdown drills.
- Monitor fire and earthquake drills, first aid and disaster supplies.
- Monitor and coordinate staff health and safety training (1st Aid, CPR, Bloodborne Pathogens, food handlers, medication management, communicable disease, disaster preparation etc.).
- Monitor and file child and adult injury reports. Monitor and perform regular analysis in partnership with Program Director.
- Oversee building and playground health and safety.
- Collaborate with program cooks in finalizing monthly menus in compliance with USDA guidelines.
- Complete monthly meal count report, quarterly meals observations, annual study month review per USDA requirements.
- Ensure hand washing protocol is followed.
- Support the maintenance of class ratios as per licensing guidelines; step in to classroom if necessary.
- Keep children’s emergency contacts and pickup lists current.
- Keep children’s allergy, asthma and other medical condition list current; update allergy list monthly.
- Ensure medication management procedure is followed (ex. Allergy/asthma care plan, medication administration, renew expired medication etc.).
- Provide computer technical support to ECE Staff.
- Attend program and agency staff meetings and trainings.
- Ensure professionalism and high program quality.
- Foster teamwork and cooperation among staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of all ReWA’s ECE participants’ files.
- Other related duties as assigned by the ECE Program Specialist and Director.
- A.A. in Early Childhood Education or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and to handle multiple tasks.
- Experience working in multi-cultural/lingual environment.
- Must meet federal and state health and safety standards and maintain credentials for childcare (1st Aid, CPR, Food Handler, CPS training, pass a TB test).
- Must pass a background check.
- Able to work flexible hours on occasion.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Respect for others’ experiences, opinions, language, values, culture, and knowledge.
- Access to a reliable source of transportation.
- WA state driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- Experience working with immigrant and refugee families.
- Bicultural/bilingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, French, Omoro, Amharic, Eritrean, Somali, or Tigrinya
CLOSES: Open until Filled
BENEFITS: Medical insurance, dental insurance, LTD, life insurance; 403(b) retirement savings plan; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.