Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is a nationally recognized multiethnic nonprofit organization that provides award-winning services to refugee and immigrant women and their families in King and Snohomish Counties.
POSITION TITLE: Facilities Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full Time (40 hours per week)
This position will supervise and maintains effective operations of ReWA’s facilities. The Facilities Coordinator is the go-to person for maintenance, repair and upkeep of ReWa’s facilities. A handy person who is detail oriented with strong attention to follow through and has the ability to provide consistent and effective customer service is an ideal candidate. Additionally, as a member of the facilities team this position will assist in monitoring the effectiveness of routine, preventative, and emergency repairs, and that maintenance functions are conducted in a consistent, high quality, efficient, and cost-conscious manner at all ReWA Sites.
ReWA promotes inclusion, independence, personal leadership, and strong communities by providing refugee and immigrant women and their families with culturally and linguistically appropriate services. ReWA advocates for social justice, public policy changes and equal access to services while respecting cultural values and the right to self-determination.
Our clients come from more than 70 countries across the globe, including Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East. ReWA provides social services to every member of a refugee or immigrant woman’s family, from infant to senior. These services, delivered in more than 50 languages and dialects, are designed to make a long-lasting impact in our clients’ lives and help them thrive in the Puget Sound community.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships.
- Effectively communicate relevant Facilities information to management.
- Maintain inventory of office assets.
- Identify situations requiring urgent attention from management.
- Interact with internal employees on all levels to help resolve Facilities-related issues and provides solutions in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain ReWA’s facilities manual.
- Supervise the maintenance staff to ensure up-keep of ReWA’s main and satellite offices.
- Oversee all facilities’ needs; conduct cost analysis for all agency’s capital needs, including phone and other capital equipment.
- Oversee and manage agency’s vendors; manage leases and facility contracts and agency’s facilities’ maintenance schedules.
- Provide assistance at ReWA’s satellite offices
- Identify opportunities for improvement and provide input to improve agency’s facilities operations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Associates degree and one to two years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to approach the work proactively and to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Respect for others’ experiences, opinions, language, values, culture, and knowledge.
BENEFITS: Medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance; Long Term Disability; 403(b) retirement savings plan; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
ReWA is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values and inclusive workforce and workplace environment and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process. Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
ReWA is committed to providing a safe and secure staff and client environment. Employment at ReWA is contingent upon a successful background check on each new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing ReWA to conduct a thorough background check
Open until filled
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ReWA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, family or parental status of any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.