The Ronald McDonald House provides housing for families of patients receiving care at Seattle Children’s Hospital. Providing a warm and clean home for our guests is a necessity. The Facilities Lead is an incredibly important and valued staff member within our team. The Facilities Lead is responsible for overseeing and organizing the cleaning and maintenance needs of our Houses. The Facilities Lead supervises a small onsite team, manages and maintains our contracted cleaning service, directs and supports all volunteer groups who are doing housekeeping and organizing tasks, maintains House inventory, maintains a facilities project calendar and ensures completion of tasks. The position also includes considerable housekeeping responsibilities.
- Supervise housekeeping and maintenance team members, including hiring, training, scheduling and completing evaluations.
- Ensure and participate in the completion of regular cleaning and maintenance tasks – laundry, cleaning rooms/apartments when guests vacate, removing trash, cleaning shared areas, floor care and restocking supplies.
- Maintain and ensure the completion of the building maintenance and deep cleaning schedule. Utilize maintenance tracking software.
- Oversee the work done by the contracted cleaning company.
- Direct and support individual and group volunteers performing cleaning and/or organizing tasks.
- Form and maintain relationship with specific vendors.
- Maintain inventory of general House supplies and maintenance items. Submit orders.
- Restock supplies.
- Maintain organization of staff storage spaces.
- Retrieve, process and stock incoming supplies and donations.
- Respond to guest requests in a helpful and friendly manner.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels by maintaining staff schedule and stepping in for other staff as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience in leading or supervising the activities of other staff
- Experience working with a diverse team and team members who speak English as a second language
- Housekeeping experience.
- Basic maintenance skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Bilingual English and Spanish candidates highly considered
- Demonstrated ability and desire to lead and train a team while maintaining high morale
- Calm and clear thinking, ability to handle problems or crisis in highly professional manner
- Superior customer service
- Can work independently as well as in a team
- Performs work well with good attention to detail and efficiency
- Clear and thorough communication
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and pride in good work
- Available for flexible scheduling as needed to cover evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the job which require frequent standing, walking, and lifting 25 pounds regularly
- Ability to maintain guest confidentiality
- Comfortable leading groups of volunteers
- Qualities of being warm and friendly, adaptable, organized, attention to detail, skilled in multi-tasking and problem solving
- Computer literate – MS Word, Outlook, and Gmail
Hours, Rate, Benefits
- FTE: Full time, 40 hours per week.
- Schedule: Schedule to be negotiated at hire, will include regular or periodic weekend shifts.
- Salary: $45,000-60,000 range DOE
- Benefits package to include:
- Medical and dental insurance with the cost for core employee coverage paid at 100% by the company and competitive family rates
- 401(k) plan with a 4% employer discretionary contribution and 100% match on the first 1% employee contribution. Eligible to participate upon hire.
- Employer will pay 50% of ORCA pass.
- Paid time off for all regular employees, to include paid sick, vacation and personal time. Benefits package to include: vacation and sick leave; medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k retirement plan