Sacred Heart Parish and School in Bellevue is seeking a full-time custodian. This job is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from 11:00am - 7:30pm.
Starting wage is according to Archdiocese of Seattle scale depending upon qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Assures the church, school, and other parish buildings are maintained in a clean and orderly manner. Responsibilities include dust mopping and vacuuming of floors, cleaning restrooms, and washing windows. Includes maintaining wood furniture that requires oiling and maintenance.
- Assures the parish and school buildings are secured by locking doors and securing windows as directed or as necessary. This is accomplished by checking all doors when assigned the evening shift or when the only custodian for a given day.
- Perform minor maintenance on the school or parish buildings as directed by the Facilities Supervisor.
- Provides other general assistance as needed through setting up of tables and chairs in the parish and school facilities as requested, hauling and moving items, and picking up parts or other equipment as requested by the supervisor.
- Assures the collection and disposal of garbage from all parish/school facilities, and the parish grounds, into the dumpster.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies needed for cleaning and informs the Facilities Supervisor of any inventory needs.