The objective of this position is to manage and operate the Sealaska Heritage Institute Retail Store with guidance from the President and Chief of Operations on vision, goals, and operation of the retail store.
- Manage staffing of seasonal employees and motivate sales team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Manage stock levels and make key decisions about stock control; attend trade shows and identify additional buying opportunities.
- Use information technology to record sales figures for data analysis and forward planning; analyze sales figures and forecast future sales; and interpret trends to facilitate planning
- Ensure retail store meets high standards for quality, customer service and health and safety through regularly touring sales floor.
- Keep informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers and organize special promotions, displays and events.
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understand forthcoming customer initiatives and monitor what local competitors are doing;
- Initiate changes to improve the business, e.g. revise opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market.
- Manage and oversee retail store budget and objectives.
- Maintain relations with artists; purchase artwork directly from artists.
- Monitor store for theft prevention.
- Maintain online store presence and manage online orders.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, writing, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Northwest Coast culture and Art.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to supervise and direct retail store staff.
- Competence in profit/loss strategy.
- Strong initiative.
This position will supervise an Assistant Retail Store Manager and a seasonal staff of Guest Services Associates.
This position’s duties are performed at the Walter Soboleff Building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to verbally communicate. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time benefited exempt position, with hours ranging from 40 or more hours per week depending upon the workload. Store hours vary by season.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or demonstrated retail management experience.
- 2 years of supervisory
- 5 years of retail experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.