Production SupervisorSeattle Goodwill
Working for Seattle Goodwill is more than just working for a non-profit. Beyond being part of an organization that offers free job training and education to the community, you'll find working for us has its benefits for you too! We offer a comprehensive health plan (medical, dental and prescriptions), dental and life insurance, available supplemental life, accident, illness and disability coverage, flexible spending program, 403(b) Retirement Savings program, paid vacation and sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and an Employee Assistance Program for you and everyone in your household!
Oversees the entire physical operation, responsible for maintaining an optimum level of merchandise production and supervision of production associates.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning one or more employees.
- Promote productivity by following up with employees on work results.
- Set expectations, instruct, coach and identify training needs.
- Interview, assist with hiring, evaluate and discipline employees.
- Resolve workplace problems by addressing issues that impact employee performance and productivity.
- Coordinates dock efforts assigning staff within production and transportation area.
- Prepare reports by collecting, documenting and summarizing information.
- Complete projects by planning, organizing and monitoring assignments.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Build and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Uphold safe work practices in support of a safety culture through awareness and observation; assist in safety training of employees; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Perform the functions of production worker when needed.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Consistent and safe execution of duties associated with forklift operation when certified to Seattle Goodwill standards.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The essential functions listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: 1 year's production experience or equivalent.
Specific Skills/Knowledge/Licenses: Forklift Certification if applicable*
Essential Physical Abilities:
Lifting and carrying 40 – 60 pounds; Developed fine motor control (grasp, handle, manipulate objects with fingers;
Standing for long periods of time; frequent bending, kneeling, reaching, stooping, squatting, pushing; climbing ladders; able to travel across a variety of surfaces (stairs, ramps, uneven terrain).
Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities:
Organizing, sorting, categorizing, counting, adding, subtracting,
Communicating with the public
Creating written communication
Computer skills to include P.O.S. knowledge.
Completing written orders
Warehouse environment, temperature varies, exposure to dust.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below.
Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.