Business ManagerSeattle Pacific University
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission. Due to our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. People from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
General Summary: Responsible for Office of Facility & Project Management's financial management, including all accounting and budget support for maintenance, custodial, grounds, support services, and capital renovation and construction projects. Oversees maintenance stores purchasing and operations. Provides monthly Capital Project Report to the Vice President for Business and Finance. Responsible for ensuring that contract and purchase documents are complete prior to being submitted to the AVPFM. Maintains all department financial records.
- Tracks 40-50 University-wide capital accounts averaging $6 million annually. Reconciles budgets monthly against University Finance Office's Banner system. Provides updates, as needed, throughout the month to the Assistant Vice President for Facility Management (AVPFM) and Project Managers. Maintains thorough history of accounts. Provides specialized budget reports, as needed, for presentation to University officials.
- Provides accounting support to the AVPFM for roughly 75 Facility Educational & General (E&G) operational accounts totaling between $3.5-4 million. Assesses and reconciles budgets monthly against the University Finance Office's Banner system. Provides updates, as needed, throughout the month to the AVPFM and area Supervisors. Maintains thorough history of accounts. Assists in budget analysis and planning for future years. Assists area Supervisors in developing and maintaining realistic budget plans for each fiscal year.
- Tracks WHEFA bond funded project budgets. Prepares monthly specialized reports on each project for use by University Finance Office, Bank and Bondholders. Maintains detailed records and history of all expenses. Tracks funds received from Bank and reconciles deposits against funding expectation.
- Serves as Accounts Payable for the Facility and Project Management Department. Receives, records, and prepares for payment, all invoices related to Capital Projects. Acts as liaison between University Finance Office, outside vendors, and Facilities Project Managers for all payments issues associated with Capital Projects.
- Assists the AVPFM and Project Managers on Capital Projects. Prepares contract documents such as Request for Proposals (RFP's), Contracts, and Specifications. Tracks individual project budget detail, and prepares project account summaries as requested.
- Supervises the Maintenance Stores Manager and ensures the efficient and effective operation of the maintenance stores function, including inventory of all maintenance stock, purchasing of materials and equipment, receiving and stocking, and stores security. With Maintenance Stores Manager, responsible for maintaining an up to date inventory of all tagged equipment belonging to the Building Maintenance Department.
- Develops and recommends short term and long term plans, goals, and objectives for the maintenance stores area of the department. Provides reports to the Assistant Vice President on stock levels. Ensures efficient and effective implementation of policies and procedures once approved.
- Assists the AVPFM, Maintenance Manager, and Facilities Services Manager in the development and review of annual maintenance and housekeeping contracts (e.g. elevator maintenance, food service equipment maintenance, uniform maintenance, fire sprinkler maintenance, security/fire alarm maintenance, gym floor maintenance, bleacher maintenance, fume hood certifications, pest control, glass repair and communication equipment.)
- Develops and maintains internal and external benchmarking reports for the Department of Facility and Project Management. Coordinates benchmarking study conducted annually by external consultants.
- All Facilities employees are designated as "essential staff" and are subject to working during times that the university closes due to inclement weather or an emergency.
- BA degree in Accounting, Business, Records Management or related field.
- Four years of Accounting, Bookkeeping, Document Tracking experience.
- Two years of business writing, proofreading, and/or editing professional experience.
- Must be detail-oriented with an ability to focus in a busy environment. Must be self-motivated, flexible, and willing to accept challenges.
- Good analytical, organizational, and communication skills are essential.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel - creating spreadsheets and analyzing data.
- Ability to work independently. Ability to collaborate and work closely with others in a team setting.
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to office assistant and maintenance stores warehouse manager.
- Ability to confront others to ensure compliance with budget processing and business protocols.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict well.
- Strong commitment to the University's Christian ministry and mission statement.
Position will remain open until filled.
Salary: $56,500 - $61,500 DOE
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.