Facilities Services Coordinator
Facilities Services Coordinator
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
As part of our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. Diversity is an ethos that is inseparable from our Christian faith. At SPU, we recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation and a core theme of the gospel. At the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
Seattle Pacific University provides reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the application or hiring process please contact the Human Resources Department at (206)281-2809, or email email@example.com. Notification must be given at least five (5) working days before the accommodation is needed.
General Summary: This position is part of the front office team in Facilities and schedules maintenance activities and repairs performed by Facilities staff. Receives service requests and schedules maintenance work accordingly. Communicates with internal campus clients regarding status of work. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills are essential.
- Reviews incoming service requests from campus users for completeness and priority. Generates work order to assign and schedule work, based on parameters and priorities set forth by management team. Collects information from field staff and closes work orders. Communicates with customers regarding status of work.
- Within Facilities department, serves as point of contact for Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software (currently TMA). Trains new users on navigating the CMMS. Works with CMMS vendor to resolve issues.
- Schedules preventive maintenance (PM) of campus equipment. Ensures equipment is entered into CMMS accurately. Works with department managers to verify PM frequency and scope. When large projects are completed, receives equipment information from project managers and enters it into CMMS.
- Assists with deployment and use of mobile technology; trains new staff in its proper use. (radios, ipads)
- Receives cross-training to gain a working knowledge of the duties and responsibilities for each of the other administrative positions within the Facilities Department, including ID billing and administrative reporting in CMMS; performs these functions during colleagues' work breaks, vacation, high workload, sickness, etc.
- All Facilities employees are designated as "essential staff" and are subject to working during times that the university closes due to inclement weather or an emergency.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor's degree in a related field, a plus.
- Two years experience working in a customer service position such as a service dispatch center, call center, billing/invoicing center, member services center, or related position.
- Two or more years experience working in an administrative role in higher education, maintenance, construction, or manufacturing industries, a plus.
- Superior customer service skills, as demonstrated by the ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Employees in this position are considered "essential personnel," which requires them to report for duty during inclement weather and/or other emergencies that may result in University impairment, closure, or delayed start.
- Intermediate level computer skills using a Windows based operating system, specifically MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Working knowledge of relational database software and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as TMA, School Dude, or Maximo, a plus.
Position will remain open until filled.
All SPU employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit documentary proof of vaccination unless an exception applies. For more information, see SPU's Vaccination Requirements FAQs web page.
Salary: $20.91 - $22.16 per hour, DOE
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.