Service Desk Coordinator
Service Desk Coordinator
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
As part of our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. Diversity is an ethos that is inseparable from our Christian faith. At SPU, we recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation and a core theme of the gospel. At the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
Seattle Pacific University provides reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the application or hiring process please contact the Human Resources Department at (206)281-2809, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification must be given at least five (5) working days before the accommodation is needed.
General Summary: This position serves as a primary point of contact between the Facilities department and the campus community, so strong interpersonal and customer service skills are essential. Uses Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to receive, schedule, and track work orders. Receives and dispatches information between office staff, field staff, and customers (faculty, staff, and students.)
- With Service Desk Clerk, manages work orders from initiation to completion, which includes:
- Reviews incoming maintenance requests for completeness and priority
- Coordinates with Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Foreman, and room scheduling to ensure that locations are reserved and that required materials are on hand before work is scheduled to occur
- Collects information from field staff and closing work orders
- Works with Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Foreman to improve quality of work, efficient use of time by field staff, and overall customer experience
- Communicates with customers regarding work status
- Primary administrator for Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software (currently TMA). Obtains information, provides demonstrations, and trains users on navigating the CMMS. Works with CMMS vendor to resolve issues.
- Maintains preventive maintenance (PM) program for campus equipment. Ensures data and records associated with equipment is accurate and that the correct PM procedures are reflected in the program. Works with project management team to ensure all new equipment is added to the PM program.
- Oversees the deployment and use of mobile technology; trains staff in its proper use. (radios, ipads)
- Receives cross-training to gain a working knowledge of the duties and responsibilities for each of the other administrative positions within the Facilities Department, including ID billing and administrative reporting in CMMS; performs these functions during colleagues' work breaks, vacation, high workload, sickness, etc.
- All Facilities employees are designated as "essential staff" and are subject to working during times that the university closes due to inclement weather or an emergency.
- Associate's degree in Business or related field. Bachelor's degree in a related field, a plus.
- Minimum two years experience working in a customer service position such as a service dispatch center, call center, billing/invoicing center, member services center, or related position.
- Two or more years experience working in higher education, maintenance, construction, or manufacturing industries, preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a combination of education and experience demonstrating familiarity with maintenance operations and software used in industry to manage maintenance inventory and preventive maintenance.
- Superior customer service skills, as demonstrated by the ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Employees in this position are considered "essential personnel," which requires them to report for duty during inclement weather and/or other emergencies that may result in University impairment, closure, or delayed start.
- Intermediate level computer skills using a Windows based operating system, specifically MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of relational database software and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as TMA, School Dude, or Maximo, a plus.
Position will remain open until filled.
All SPU employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit documentary proof of vaccination unless an exception applies. For more information, see SPU's Vaccination Requirements FAQs web page.
Salary: $40,000 - $41,800 DOE
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.