Stores Manager, Facility & Project Management
Stores Manager, Facility & Project Management
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
As part of our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. Diversity is an ethos that is inseparable from our Christian faith. At SPU, we recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation and a core theme of the gospel. At the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
Seattle Pacific University provides reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the application or hiring process please contact the Human Resources Department at (206)281-2809, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification must be given at least five (5) working days before the accommodation is needed.
General Summary: Coordinates the operations of the central stores area including ordering, receipt, delivery, storage, and inventory control for university maintenance and custodial supplies. Works directly with the Business Manager and has responsibility for the evaluation of stores purchasing procedures, policies, inventory control, work activities. Supervises three part time student employees who perform acquisition, order processing, inventory control, shipping and receiving duties.
- Coordinates operation of a central stores area and maintains inventory levels. Hires, trains, and supervises three part- time employees who price goods, prepare orders, and pick and deliver supplies.
- Reviews stock/inventory reports and uses specialized knowledge of goods to estimate needs and order appropriate quantities of standard and special order items; recommends and implements additions or deletions to standard stock items. Performs annual year-end inventory and generates report.
- Coordinates the weekly custodial supply orders. Receives requests from Custodial staff. Places orders for product and/or pulls from stock and readies for delivery by campus Transportation Worker. Coordinates weekly laundry services with Facilities Services Manager (custodial supervisor).
- Identifies trades staff commodities, supplies, tools, and equipment needs; develops and refines highly complex specifications for procurement. Meets with sales representatives and researches companies to develop new sources of supplies to update records and files, and to secure favorable terms for the University.
- Works with trades staff in the evaluation of new products and/or new vendors.
- Receives equipment, materials, or supplies; inspect for completeness and shipping damage, verifying against specifications on requisition or other purchasing documents.
- Resolves any problems regarding service or items received. Files claims and seeks satisfactory replacement.
- Identifies and selects vendor to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality, and delivery date and place orders.
- In partnership with the Maintenance Foreman and trades staff, maintains tool crib to ensure proper identification, care, storage, and easy access. In partnership with the Facilities Services Manager, conducts annual vacuum audit & servicing. Updates equipment entries in asset management system.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the stores warehouse and associated parking lots. Responsible for securing doors and locking gate at end of day.
- Maintains tracking spreadsheet for all appliances for campus housing. Track and coordinate collection/disposal/recycling of scrap metal, parts, appliances, light bulbs/tubes, etc.
- All Facilities employees are designated as "essential staff" and are subject to working during times that the university closes due to inclement weather or an emergency
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. AA or Bachelor's degree in related field, a plus.
- Two years of experience in a central store, warehouse, comparable stores operation, or equivalent education.
- Knowledge of building materials, maintenance, and system repairs. Experience with billing/invoicing, or records management is preferred.
- Work experience that proves good judgement in making decisions, asking for help, bringing forward problems, communication with others, and working around moving machinery.
- Effective work habits, including commitment to quality of work, attention to detail, time management and organizational skills. Must be able to work in an environment in which you will experience hot and cold temperatures, and loud noises. Must be able to receive, understand and give clear written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders while carrying supplies or equipment. Ability to carry, deploy, climb and lift different size ladders, a plus.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License. Must have and maintain a good driving record. Must be able to drive vehicles from small pickup to large box truck. Forklift certification (willing to train).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Teams, Excel, Word and Outlook. Working knowledge of relational database software and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as TMA, School Dude, or Maximo.
- Strong commitment to the University's Christian ministry and mission statement.
All SPU employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit documentary proof of vaccination unless an exception applies. For more information, see SPU's Vaccination Requirements FAQs webpage.
Position will remain open until filled.
Salary: $42,000 - $44,580
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.