Transportation/Delivery Worker: URL
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
As part of our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. Diversity is an ethos that is inseparable from our Christian faith. At SPU, we recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation and a core theme of the gospel. At the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
Seattle Pacific University provides reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the application or hiring process please contact the Human Resources Department at (206)281-2809, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification must be given at least five (5) working days before the accommodation is needed.
General Summary: Moves equipment and supplies around campus in utility truck, makes deliveries, sets up tables and chairs for events. Maintains campus storage facilities.
- Moves, loads, unloads, and transports equipment and supplies around campus in utility truck. Makes deliveries. Sets up tables and chairs for events per room diagrams and work orders requested by various departments and scheduled through Facilities Work Control / Service Desk.
- Ability to closely follow written and verbal directions. Works independently and strategically to efficiently manage workload.
- Displays positive customer service attitude.
- Works several events throughout the year to support various departments - which typically require weekend and/or overtime hours for deliveries, setups, and breakdowns. These events include but are not limited to: Graduation, Ivy Cutting, Baccalaureate, New Student Convocation, Ivy Honor Ceremony, New student move in.
- Delivers housekeeping supplies; monitors and maintains the inventory level determined for each location.
- Tops off dumpsters, picks up excess trash and transports to the transfer station. Keep area around dumpsters tidy. Performs litter pickup around campus. Picks up small dead animals (such as birds/squirrels) around campus when needed.
- Transports scrap metal and other reusable goods to recycling stations and help agencies.
- Maintains campus storage facilities; keeps them tidy, organized, and accessible.
- Responsible for campus flag; raises and lowers flag as instructed.
- All Facilities employees are designated as essential personnel and are subject to both work outside the normal work schedule on an emergency basis and planned overtime work as required by the University.
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent. Education or training at the level to ensure ability to understand, speak, read, and write English.
- Some college coursework, a plus.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record. Must be able to drive service vehicles from small pickup to large dump truck.
- Ability to earn and maintain Forklift Certification (training will be provided as needed). Existing forklift certification, a plus as well as experience using powered lifts.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 90 pounds. Must be able to load and unload materials. Must be able to access all areas of campus easily at any time of the day or night.
- Must be able to carry, deploy, climb, and lift different size ladders. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders while carrying supplies or equipment.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and read a room diagram for event set-up. Must be able to work independently and as a member of a culturally diverse team.
- Effective work habits, including commitment to quality of work, attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong personal commitment to the University's Christian ministry and mission statement.
Position will remain open until filled.
Salary: $18.50 - $20.00 per hour, DOE
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.