Recruiting Coordinator - HR Assistant
Recruiting Coordinator – HR Assistant
Snohomish County 911 is seeking a candidate to fill a full time Recruiting Coordinator – HR Assistant position. This position has primary responsibility for agency recruiting and coordinating career fairs and public outreach events. The position requires the ability to actively participate in agency recruiting strategy discussions, bring ideas to the table, and to develop advertising and marketing materials to reach a large pool of candidates that includes diversity applicants and military veterans. This position requires high level organizational skills, creativity, and a professional and respectful demeanor. The successful candidate must have strong presentation skills and be comfortable speaking to audiences of all different skill levels and backgrounds.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in agency recruiting strategy discussions and develop ideas and action plans to support attracting diversity candidates and military veterans.
- Prepare job announcements and postings. Work with hiring managers to develop hiring strategies and screening criteria, identify and coordinate skill-related testing processes, and develop interview questions.
- Develop advertising and recruiting campaign strategies that focus on attracting diversity candidates and military veterans.
- Utilize social media and other advertising and marketing techniques.
- Schedule, coordinate and act as agency lead for job interviews. Train interview teams on interviewing laws and requirements and agency interview processes.
- Prepare new hire packets and design and participate in new-hire orientation presentations.
- Develop strong understanding of the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and make recommendations for workflow processes.
- Research and attend job/career fairs both in person and using virtual platforms.
- Coordinate agency participation in community events and other public outreach events.
- Must be willing to assist with other administrative tasks such as data entry, benefits enrollment, preparing reports, auditing data, and other related administrative tasks.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with job applicants, employees, partner agencies, and citizens.
- Strong and effective presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, basic skills with producing reports, graphs and tables.
- Demonstrated experience with using social media and other marketing techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to track individual applicants and multiple processes.
- Ability to work around and with confidential information and exercise proper discretion.
- Ability to work efficiently including the ability to juggle competing projects, work under deadlines and effectively prioritize and communicate status on projects and agency activities.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations concerning applicant testing, interviewing and hiring procedures.
Education and Experience
- Any combination of education and related experience sufficient to provide the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
- Degree, certificate or other formal training in Human Resources or related field, AND
- HRCI or SHRM certification, AND
- At least Two (2) years practical experience in human resources
PAY AND BENEFITS
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off program (PTO) starting at 192 hours per year
- 16 hours of floating holidays (added to PTO bank)
- 12 paid holidays
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- Supplemental Retirement Program – 3.5% plus additional 2.9% employer matching
- Paid training
- Starting Salary $64,056 to $74,731 DOQ
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your resume and answers to the questions below to email@example.com.
- Explain how your professional experience has helped prepare you for this opportunity.
- Explain your experience using social media for work communications.
- If money were no object, and you could design a recruiting campaign and marketing strategy, what would it entail?
This position is open until filled. The first review for qualified submissions will take place on July 13, 2020. Only applicants possessing the stated qualifications, education and experience will be considered for the position and invited to an interview. More information and a full job description can be obtained from our website at www.sno911.org.
SNOHOMISH COUNTY 911 is an Equal Opportunity Employer