Human Services Specialist I - HCS
Human Services Specialist I - HCS
Salary $57,887.28 - $70,345.68 Annually
Location Everett, WA
Job Type Full-Time
Department Human Services
Job Number 2022-00492
Division Human Services Housing & Community Services
Join our Human Services Team!
We have one full-time position in our Housing and Community Services Division.
Human Services Department mission is to help all persons meet their basic needs and develop their potential by providing timely, effective human services and building community.
The Human Services Department includes 250 diverse, friendly and dedicated employees who benefit from outstanding benefits and competitive wages. Employees are appreciated and have the opportunity to make a real difference in our community. Snohomish County is thriving and is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family. We strive to not only provide a meaningful job, but a life-long career at Snohomish County.
This position is integral to high-performing teams addressing housing and services needs throughout Snohomish County. There will be ample opportunities to work on a variety of tasks and projects and with different staff managing grants, boards and committees, and providing technical assistance to local providers.
In this position, you will support the Division of Housing & Community Services staff, teams and program through a variety of activities that includes: accurate data entry in government databases; strong knowledge and skills working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; excellent verbal and written communication; effective organizing skills; attention to detail and compliance requirements; able to work on projects with others and independently; able to handle a fast-paced environment and deadlines; manage multiple projects/tasks, and flexibility to meeting changing work environment needs.
To assist in the planning, development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of human services programs.
- Assists in preparation of program plans, goals and objectives, program budgets, and contract documents for human services programs as assigned.
- Participates in development and negotiation of contracts and service agreements with program subcontractors; assists in monitoring contract compliance and reviews of subcontractor performance in relationship to contractual guidelines and established performance standards.
- Provides a variety of information and technical assistance to program subcontractor and potential subcontractors as necessary.
- Assists in researching and preparing applications to obtain funding for various projects, studies or programs as assigned.
- Keeps informed of and provides interpretation of federal, state and local regulations and guidelines relating to assigned program areas.
- Organizes and makes arrangements for public meetings, hearings and forums as necessary; drafts reports, minutes and informational materials.
- Assists with coordination of various quality assurance and statistical reports.
- Provides a variety of administrative support functions such as drafting correspondence, tracking project processes, data entry, research, etc.
- May serve as liaison between the county and program subcontractors, other affected agencies and various community groups as required; coordinates program activities with other Human Services divisions and programs and with other agencies and groups as necessary.
- May provide staffing for advisory boards and committees as directed.
- May manage computerized service data and reporting systems.
- Performs related duties as required.
- accounting principles, practices and techniques related to area of assignment;
- budgetary principles, practices and procedures;
- billing and invoicing principles, practices and procedures;
- the use of computer technology as it relates to standardized reporting concepts;
- production of specialized financial reports and usage of information; and
- prevailing wage laws.
- human services programs and resources; research principles and methods;
- grant writing methods and procedures;
- data collection techniques and statistical methodology; word processing, spreadsheet and/or data base systems.
- assist in the development of human services programs, plans and budgets;
- read and interpret relevant federal, state and local codes, rules, regulations and guidelines;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, co-workers and citizen advisory groups; maintain complete and accurate records;
- gather and analyze a variety of data relating to program development and operations;
- operate personal computer data systems.
Accommodations for individuals with disabilities are provided upon request.
EEO policy and ADA notice
- Snohomish County
- 3000 Rockefeller Ave M/S 503
Everett, Washington, 98201
- (425) 388-3411