EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – Non-Profit
JOB DESCRIPTION: The SouthEast Seattle Senior Center, an independent, culturally diverse center located in South Seattle is seeking a knowledgeable professional with extensive non-profit experience, responsible for the daily administrative and organizational operations of a multi service senior center. This position reports to the Board of Directors and works closely with staff and community volunteers in the planning and implementing of health, social services, fitness, educational, personal enrichment, and recreational activities for seniors.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fundraising and Financial: Develop and execute a fundraising plan in conjunction with the Board of Directors to maintain financial viability of the Center, its rental properties and thrift store operations.
- Prepare and manage budgets including financial reporting to the board, government, and grant funding sources.
- Assure timely filing of taxes and maintenance of all licenses, insurances, and renewals.
- Organizational and Administrative:
- Plan, implement, and evaluate programs, events, and activities designed to enhance the lives of seniors, Center members we serve, and the community.
- Provide leadership on all functions and programs in accordance with the mission, vision, and policies of the Senior Center, and the rules and regulations of applicable government agencies, and the Board of Directors.
- Organize and manage the effective and efficient operations of staff and volunteers and ensure staff diversity and appropriate skills through on-going staff development and performance management.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors as they perform oversight requirements, providing adequate detail for operational transparency and decision-making.
- Ensure appropriate systems and technology are in place for effective operations.
- Develop and maintain a broad base of Center support through community involvement, promotional and media engagements.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work, Business Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent work experience, plus at least five years of management and related work experience is required. Candidates should have experience and a passion to serve and work with the aging population and a non-profit organization, with a proven track record of achieving results in the areas of fundraising, financial management and developing programs. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks, with excellent attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals of widely diverse economic, ethnic, and social backgrounds. All potential employees of the SESSC are subject to a Criminal History Background Check.
Email the required documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Three References
To learn more about the Southeast Seattle Senior Center https://www.sessc.org