Job Title: Classroom Assistant
Position Type: Non-Faculty, Exempt, Part-time 10 mo.
Reports To: Lower School Dean of Students
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Hourly at $15.00 per hour
Application: Please apply at https://www.tbcs.org/employment
The Bear Creek School is a classical Christian School for Preschool – 12th grade. We are a nondenominational, private, day school accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS) and Cognia. Please see our website, www.tbcs.org, for additional information.
Classroom Assistants support teachers by doing many logistical tasks and providing instructional help as directed. Classroom Assistants, also support the general operation of the school by providing supervision for recess and the cafeteria.
- Be on time to each class
- Provide logistical support for teachers by: copying, laminating, grading papers, creating documents, etc.
- Provide classroom instructional help as directed by the teacher
- Supervise outdoor and indoor recess
- Promptly report student concerns, disturbances and conflicts to home room teachers
- Supervise cafeteria by assisting children with their lunches, cleaning tables, and entering lunch data on the computer
- Maintain workroom/Classroom Assistant station in an orderly fashion.
- Attend Classroom Assistant meetings and contribute positively.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding student information
Critical Performance Competencies
- Positively support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization
- Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and security of information.
- Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
- Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Outlook, ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package as needed
- Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
- Able to clean tables and sweep floors
- Able to patrol the playground during recesses
- Able to quickly get to a student on any portion of the playground, including raised portions and play areas with wood chips
- Able to kneel beside a student lying on the ground to assist and/or perform CPR
- Able to quickly get to a student in inclement weather
- Able to lift, drag, pull or push 60 lbs. or more
- Able to climb playground equipment
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer and is required by law to perform background checks on selected qualified candidates. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.