ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT 2
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Administration / Clerical
Posted on July 5, 2020
|Job Location:||Downtown Seattle|
|Job Location Detail:||701 5th Avenue Seattle, WA 98104|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$2,965.00 - $3,935.00 per month ($17.11 - $22.70 hourly)|
|Notes:||For detailed information on Benefits for this position click here.|
The Administrative Assistant 2 provides professional administrative oversight and support for two or more directors and their associated department(s) within UW Medicine Faculty Practice Plan Services. The employee will communicate with a broad range of contacts within the UW Medicine community and the general public as a whole and must represent the department professionally and effectively at all times. Additionally, the employee will coordinate travel, meetings, and expense reporting; prepare correspondence, presentations, and reports as directed; provide day to day administrative support; and may have project management and reporting responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain departmental leaderships’ calendars. Assists other departmental staff with calendars and meeting schedules, as requested.
• Organize meetings; prepare background materials as necessary, identify meeting rooms and ensures all required technology and other meeting logistics are addressed.
• Screen incoming telephone calls and responds consistent with departmental leadership’s current activities and priorities.
• Attend meetings, draft meeting minutes and coordinate review and completion of minutes.
• Prepare and coordinate travel arrangements for Directors, supervisors, and/or staff, including travel itinerary, meeting schedules, and reservations. Compile and submits final travel expense vouchers and reports.
• Complete data entry and maintenance of departmental databases.
• Gather and coordinate a variety of data maintained in spreadsheet and/or database format for special projects and/or statistical reports at the request of department leadership, staff, or other departments within UWP; develops ways to report information to best serve business request for information.
• Participate in drafting department specific policies and procedures and prepares them for publication, in accordance with UW Physicians standards and procedures.
• Manage files and serves as department point of coordination with General Services regarding records retention activities including bringing the Department up-to-date on archiving and purging, and monitoring archived records.
• Prepare expense reimbursement reports for departmental leadership.
• As requested, compose letters and memoranda to respond to correspondence from insurance companies, vendors, or other outside agencies; follows through with the request until there is resolution.
• Coordinates schedule and takes minutes for the following monthly committees: Finance and Audit, Clinical Practice Committee, Meaningful Use Finance and Registration, and New Practice Sites.
• Responsible for registration and coordination of Medical Staff Onboarding including registration of providers in appropriate trainings, gathering necessary information about the provider’s appointment from others throughout UW Medicine, and coordinate with others working on member onboarding throughout the system.
• Assist with managing files, tracking data, and submission process for various Pay for Performance programs.
• Assist with Administration of internal member portal including management of provider permissions and site maintenance.
• Assist the Application Management Team with managing project and technical documents via “SharePoint Documental Central”
• Serve as coordination point for UW Medicine ITS and UWP IT requests.
• Function as SharePoint site administrator for AM Management and PMO teams
• Coordinate compilation, editing and distribution the UWP Consolidated Project Portfolio
• Assist the UWP PMO in managing project and process improvement intake/requests.
Requires High School/ GED AND two years of office or administrative support experience OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Experience providing simultaneous support to multiple senior leaders or for large departments.
Experience working in a complex organization.
Experience in an academic healthcare environment.