ANESTHESIOLOGY TECHNICIAN 2 (FULL-TIME, DAY SHIFTS)
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Mechanic/Technician
Posted on March 11, 2020
|Job Location:||Harborview Medical Center|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$3,996.00 to $5,897.00 per month|
The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
Harborview Anesthesiology has an outstanding opportunity for a FULL-TIME ANESTHESIOLOGY TECHNICIAN 2 (Day Shifts). The Anesthesiology Technician 2 will join the Harborview Medical Center Anesthesiology Team and prepare, operate, and maintain anesthesia and laboratory equipment such as physiological monitors and blood gas analyzers. The Anesthesiology Technician 2 will also assist medical staff with technical problems related to anesthesia. Under general direction of the anesthesia provider, the Anesthesiology Technician 2 will assist the provider with the delivery of anesthesia, including the assembly, maintenance, evaluation, and operating of equipment used in complex procedures such as cardiovascular, Neurosurgical, and multi-trauma cases.
Anesthesiology Technician 2 duties:
• Monitor data regarding patient care in both critical and non-critical situations.
• Interact professionally with patients and families.
• Provide patients with explanations and verbal reassurance, as necessary.
• Adapt procedures to meet individual needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients for treatment.
• Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
• Prepare room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, supplies, and equipment for each individual Anesthesia procedure.
• Assist in the positioning, prepping, and draping of patients for surgical procedures.
• Carry out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments/procedures.
• Maintain safe environment for patient, co-workers, and self, per facility policies and procedures.
• Check all equipment/instruments needed prior to each procedure, to ensure proper functioning.
• Protect patients' sensitivities and right to privacy; closely observe patients with minimal disturbance.
• Notify appropriate personnel when patient complains of pain.
• Follow aseptic technique when opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures.
• Perform services requiring technical or manual skills, under the direction of Attending Anesthesiologist.
• Anticipate needs of Anesthesiologist, Anesthesia Residents, and CRNA’s during perioperative phase.
• Clean and prepare rooms between procedures and after last case; restock supplies, when necessary, and organize effectively for end-of-case cleanup.
• Is fully responsible for care of instruments/equipment during intra/postoperative phase, including cleaning of equipment.
• Follow written procedures for sterilization; know responsibilities and the necessity for chemical and biological monitoring.
• Consult with other staff members when in question or unfamiliar with equipment or procedure.
• Regularly collaborate with other members of the Anesthesia team in order to maintain equipment and supplies for Anesthesia procedures.
• Adhere to and meet current standards, policies, and procedures.
• Establish and maintain effective communication and good working relationships with co-workers for patients' benefit.
• Make decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within the Anesthesia Technician’s scope of practice.
• Make decisions reflecting knowledge of the assigned case and equipment to be readied for the procedure.
• Utilize initiative; strive to maintain steady level of productivity; is self-motivated. Organization and management of activities reflects due consideration for the needs of the department.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
ASATT certification as an Anesthesia Technician and 3 years' experience with complex surgeries; trauma experience preferred.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.